This should tick off anyone (PSU fan or not) - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-23-2012, 04:42 PM Thread Starter
Regular Member
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: York, PA
Posts: 2,258
Back To Top
This should tick off anyone (PSU fan or not)

Wasn't one of the problems with PSU the fact that the president had too much power? The administrators have since promised transparency within the university. Now President Erikson goes and agrees to these sanctions without ever consulting the Board of Trustees? Unreal.

Onward State article

You can shear a sheep many times, but you can only skin it once.
rlfb74 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-23-2012, 04:45 PM
Senior Member
 
Buckethead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Ima Clarkonian!
Posts: 19,914
Back To Top
Re: This should tick off anyone (PSU fan or not)

I don't think the problem was with the President having too much power. The problem was the program had too much power. All you're doing is proving the point the University needed an enima.

I don't have ducks. I don't have rows. I have squirrels. And they're drunk.
Buckethead is offline  
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-23-2012, 04:47 PM
Sage
 
Woods walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Posts: 26,902
Back To Top
Re: This should tick off anyone (PSU fan or not)

Perhaps he believed as a large part of the problem to begin with, they shouldn't have a say.




When you are up to your butt in alligators, it is hard to remember your intent was to drain the swamp. Stay focused!
Woods walker is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-23-2012, 04:53 PM Thread Starter
Regular Member
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: York, PA
Posts: 2,258
Back To Top
Re: This should tick off anyone (PSU fan or not)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John S
Perhaps he believed as a large part of the problem to begin with, they shouldn't have a say.
They were the ones who appointed him in the first place after Spanier was ousted. Now he is going over their heads?

You can shear a sheep many times, but you can only skin it once.
rlfb74 is offline  
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-23-2012, 04:56 PM
Senior Member
 
Buckethead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Ima Clarkonian!
Posts: 19,914
Back To Top
Re: This should tick off anyone (PSU fan or not)

Then I guess they should unappoint him, shouldn't they?

I don't have ducks. I don't have rows. I have squirrels. And they're drunk.
Buckethead is offline  
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-23-2012, 05:08 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Chester County
Posts: 6,618
Back To Top
Re: This should tick off anyone (PSU fan or not)

The fact the PSU was even consulted before being sanctioned reeks of backroom politics and dealmaking. What a sham.
Larry is offline  
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-23-2012, 05:17 PM
Senior Member
 
Buckethead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Ima Clarkonian!
Posts: 19,914
Back To Top
Re: This should tick off anyone (PSU fan or not)


Then there is this.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry
The fact the PSU was even consulted before being sanctioned reeks of backroom politics and dealmaking. What a sham.
I also noticed the television rights weren't touched as well.

I don't have ducks. I don't have rows. I have squirrels. And they're drunk.
Buckethead is offline  
post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-23-2012, 05:18 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Carbon County Pa/Kidder Township
Posts: 19,180
Back To Top
Re: This should tick off anyone (PSU fan or not)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlfb74
Wasn't one of the problems with PSU the fact that the president had too much power? The administrators have since promised transparency within the university. Now President Erikson goes and agrees to these sanctions without ever consulting the Board of Trustees? Unreal.

Onward State article
Trustees must have known, Channel 10 news had one on last night and with the exception of voiding the past 13 seasons predicted exactly what was handed down today.

My ability to remember lyrics from songs of the 60's far exceed my ability to remember why I walked into the kitchen
Birch812 is offline  
post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-23-2012, 06:40 PM
Senior Member
 
PossumBackstrap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Desolation Row
Posts: 12,351
Back To Top
Re: This should tick off anyone (PSU fan or not)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckethead
I don't think the problem was with the President having too much power. The problem was the program had too much power. All you're doing is proving the point the University needed an enima.

If you think this was covered up or ignored because of football, you're wrong. Football had nothing to do with it. Wouldn't have hurt the program one bit if those guys blew the whistle from the get go. So think of another reason for a cover up. [cough]corbettsecondmile[/cough]

Wherever somebody’s strugglin’ to be free,
Look in their eyes ma you’ll see me.
PossumBackstrap is offline  
post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-23-2012, 07:07 PM
Senior Member
 
Buckethead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Ima Clarkonian!
Posts: 19,914
Back To Top
Re: This should tick off anyone (PSU fan or not)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PossumBackstrap
If you think this was covered up or ignored because of football, you're wrong. Football had nothing to do with it. Wouldn't have hurt the program one bit if those guys blew the whistle from the get go. So think of another reason for a cover up. [cough]corbettsecondmile[/cough]
I don't entirely buy that Poss. That gets you what, 2 years, three tops when he ran for governor? What about the other 7 or 8 they were playing hide the weinie with this thing? The football program was a big part of this. It made way too much money to jeapordize it. Usually in hind sight, coverups don't make any sense. But when people get involved in them, they don't look past to what happens if they are discovered. My hope is everything comes out in the wash and if Corbett is proven to have something to do with it, he should be impeached and arrested.

I don't have ducks. I don't have rows. I have squirrels. And they're drunk.
Buckethead is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome