Hey Guys - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-16-2012, 02:02 AM Thread Starter

Hey Guys

I know I haven't been around much but man o' days has life been rough for me this last year! Started out with Dad getting gang green and having his toe taken off. He has finally recovered from that after 6 months and 2 surgeries! Thank you for all your prayers!

In March, my mother found my 36 year old sister dead from a drug overdose. I can't even begin to express the sorrow she left me with. Just devistating even though we weren't close... I can tell you I still loved her and wept like a baby on that one.

Then my SIL died so suddenly in May, on Mother's Day. UGH... So hard to deal with so close to my sister passing.

Then my other SIL dropped over at 37 with a massive heart attack. She survived.

Now, my husband is very sick. In just a matter of 6 weeks he went from going to the gym everyday to nothing! He is in dire need of a surgery to get the C3 & C4 off his spinal cord. He's been a huge butt with me, insisting he can work it out himself without surgery and finally this evening, he told me to call the neurosurgeon and get the surgery date. I just want to cry. He is so scared of being paralysed from the surgery. The dr told him if he would fall, he could injure himself beyond repair and it is bound to happen because he's lost so much feeling in his whole body by putting it off.

I need some prayers you guys. Maybe some good words and experiences too if you have any? I just want him to get better so we can get through this and get back to our normal routine. It's been so hard watching him deteriorate so fast over this. I'm just ready to get all of this bad done and over with. I'm also sorry for writing this book that feels like a dark cloud. I think after it's done I'll fall to my knees and beg God to comfort me. It's been rough I tell ya!

Uh Oh! Janie's got her gun!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-16-2012, 02:14 AM
Super Moderator

Location: Close Enough! At least in the right country and state now.
Re: Hey Guys

Wow, your story over this past year makes many of my "problems" seem trivial. My prayers are with you and your family, Janie. Best of luck to your husband with his surgery. May God guide the hands of his surgeon.

Shoot straight

People are sick of politicians, and me, I hate cats in the house.
post #3 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-16-2012, 02:20 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BcozHunter
Wow, your story over this past year makes many of my "problems" seem trivial. My prayers are with you and your family, Janie. Best of luck to your husband with his surgery. May God guide the hands of his surgeon.
Well said Bcoz... And I concur.

Prayers sent to you and your family Janie.

Where have you been? I had to work late... Oh these? Yeah, it was 'camo day' at work again .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-16-2012, 02:25 AM

Prayers are on the way.

NOTE TO VEGETARIANS: My food poops on your food! Enjoy your salad!!!
post #5 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-16-2012, 02:34 AM Thread Starter

Sometimes, I don't know where I find the strength to get up and go. It's like I'm on auto pilot. Jim hasn't been able to work for a couple weeks now but he's on long term sick leave. I told him he would be a fool if he exhausted that only to find he was unable to return back to work if he didn't have the surgery.

I've been praying every night to the Dear Lord that I be able to accept what He has planned for my husband and I. He did answer one of my prayers which was for Jim to accept the surgery without me influencing him because I've been hitting a brick wall on that front.

post #6 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-16-2012, 02:46 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Prayers sent for you and yours, God Bless.

Molon Labe
post #7 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-16-2012, 03:53 AM
The Man

Remember, with faith, ask and you shall receive, and our Savior is a loving God.

I will ask for you as well.
post #8 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-16-2012, 04:35 AM

Prayers to you and your family Janie.
post #9 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-16-2012, 12:10 PM
Sage

My thoughts and prayers are with you Janie and your family. I have 2 buddies that had to get back operations and they never regreted it.
post #10 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-16-2012, 12:22 PM Thread Starter

I've talked to many people who have had this surgery and they all have said it was life changing in a good way. Jim has never had surgery. He's 54 years old. He lost his dad when he was 21, his dad was 44, to a surgery and he goes back to that time. I understand his apprehension and I won't dismiss his fear but technology has come a long way since then but there are always risk.

I'm almost relieved that he has finally agreed after leaving two foot trenches 3 ft deep for the last several weeks. He was adamant about not having it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page