This is Penn State - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 256 (permalink) Old 07-13-2012, 08:53 AM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

This is Penn State

That anyone can read & understand & rationalize these events @ any reasonable level & still believe that the "Paternoster"Didn't know is crazy! This is a cover up & imho Is all about the true Penn State... & exactly what it's stood or stands for.. IMHO,
It makes the case for the need for absolute transparency & clarity ....anytime anyone or any entity is permitted a position of authority & then stands in & out of the shadows enables a culture of "absolutism" . Anyone proudly using terminology( in the face of this cover up)like "We are Penn State" deserves to be associated more with the bad than with the good..IMHO... Make it more like "This is Pennstate" it's our board, it's our culture, it's our leadership, alumni, it's our football program... It's Penn State..... Take responsibility & ownership of that & maybe the healing can truely begin!!
It's all about instituting a Crisis Management strategy meant for protecting a University & it's priority program that contributed 60-70 million dollars annually it's about "weaponizing" an alumni that has ponied up more than $200 million to a "war chest" of defense funds...& since the "wheels" came off the Sandusky cover up wagon all to Penn State, it's about protecting the choices of a University it's governing boards, individuals, legacy's & high paid positions & salaries... It's all about Penn State! This is Penn State...
I fear we will never know the depth of this cover up....the entirety of the criminal line up & effort is enclosed in a strategy of "plausible deniability" to protect Penn State & tndividuals& boards from/ against pending criminal & civil lawsuits
I didn't know, I couldn't do... Bull plucky...you knew, you coulda done something, you didn't do anything !
Most of all you Joe! You were the most revered figure in Penn State land, you knew your friend of 25 plus years Sandusky, you knew everyone in law enforcement, the entire internal & external infrastructure of Penn State feared your popularity & position.
But we'll never know since fate took pity on your soul and allowed You to skate out with the grim reaper after taking the time to shower us with your tirades, spinning & plausibly denying on the TV and in the press..in your own front yard, in your PJ's chanting "We are Penn State" ...
Instead I think you truely meant "this is Penn STATE!" How dare you question
And now in the wake of Penn States egomaniacal leadership & poor choices is a grave yard littered with the student body, the town, alumni, staff, the victims & the legacy of Penn State...& Pennsylvania itself
"this is Penn State" how sad
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 256 (permalink) Old 07-13-2012, 12:04 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Re: This is Penn State

take some deep breaths. in and out, nice and easy. go to your happy place.

My diploma is a DD Form 214
post #3 of 256 (permalink) Old 07-13-2012, 01:51 PM
Sage

As I said in another thread....It is going to take some painful scrubbing to wash this stink off. That is if it ever can be washed off at all.

JoePa IS Penn State...always has and always will be. I just don't know how you are going to seperate the two from here on.

#MAGA..."Mexican's Always Get Across"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 256 (permalink) Old 07-13-2012, 02:47 PM

You can't separate the Two. I grew up in St. Marys, PA where PSU Football and JoePa (as with other places in Central PA) had nothing less than a Cult following. JoePa was considered a God of sorts and PSU football was a and is a Religion. I was never a PSU fan but gave respect to the School and the program for the success it had and what it gave to those who followed the program. When this came out last Nov. I said from the beginning that JoePa and the powers at be knew about this and it would eventually come out. What we have right now is denial from the Alum ( who are defending their War Chant WE ARE PENN STATE and all those they worshiped for so long and those who made PSU what it is today. Sadly all this now is very tainted. New War Chant should be We Were Penn State. Even more shocking is just how much influence the leaders of this Cult had on the town, the school, and those who followed. You can say all you want about the good that JoePa did but reality is he was the Devils right hand man in all of this. Every one says Mcleary should have stopped what he saw in the shower... how about this for a thought... Mcleary should have never had the opportunity to see this if it would have been handled the right way the first time the abuse was reported.

On another note, giving PSU the Dealth Penalty in present day would be senseless. This is not the fault of the students today, they need to start over. However a sad part of reality is many of the Board are still in Office.

jmdb25

Take a Kid hunting!
post #5 of 256 (permalink) Old 07-13-2012, 02:50 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

This whole affair is sickening.
My question at this point is, How credible is it for PSU to releases their findings before the the remaining defendants are tried in a court of law?
Seems to me that the information gathered by Mr Freeh and his team should have been turned over to those responsible for the criminal investigation, not released to the public before the trials.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. Edmund Burke
post #6 of 256 (permalink) Old 07-13-2012, 05:26 PM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappybear
This whole affair is sickening.
My question at this point is, How credible is it for PSU to releases their findings before the the remaining defendants are tried in a court of law?
PSU didnt release anything, the PI they hired did. The grand jury asked for this material from PSU, but they dragged their feet and claimed much of it couldnt be found, or in the case of the emails, they were thought to be gone forever after a cut over to a new server. If the evidence is gone, not much to prosecute.

The questions that need to be asked now are:

1. Why did the DA in Centre county let the charges ride in 1998? That was victim 6, guilty on all charges related to that victim
2. Why did the DA in Clinton county ingore the complaints in 2008? That was victim 1, guilty on all charges.
DA1 is dead, DA2 should be investigated and have charges brought against him.
3. Why did the Asst AG ask Paterno a few easy questions when he was brought in for questioning
Answer, she was a big Paterno and PSU fan and was trying to protect him and the university.
4. Why was the AG so willing to let every thing else slide once they had enough on Sandusky? Were they more worried about bringing down PSU then finding out what was really happening? I'm thinking so. Corbett and Rendel need to be brought in under oath and asked some serious questions, along with everyone involved with the grand jury investigation.
5. There were two school officials from Central Mountain HS that ignored what they saw and heard. Why are they still involved with public education?
6. The outside council for PSU when all this happened was also an attorney for The Second Mile. What part did he play in the cover up.
7. Who else at The Second Mile knew and kept quiet. There was a lot of money exchanged with that organization and PSU with donations back and forth along with building contracts awarded from PSU to a Second Mile board member who owns a well known construction business in the State College area.
8. Children and Youth Services were aware of what happened in 1998, and they did nothing. I'm thinking a few people in that organization need to be charged also.
9. The person daddy McQuery called in 2001 was also Paterno's personal physican. Why was he even called? What all was he told? Why didn't he report what McQuery to authorities? He falls under the Cleary Act for reporting. I'm betting there is an open jail cell waiting for him.
10. Every member of the coaching staff knew what Jerry was doing, yet no one said anything. Two of those coaches are on the current PSU football staff. Do they fall under the Cleary Act? If so, why havent they been charged? Why are some still coaching?

These are just some of the players involved in the cover-up, there are many more still to come.

Plenty of scouting and good habitat makes for a great hunt.

Jeff
post #7 of 256 (permalink) Old 07-13-2012, 06:08 PM
Frequent Contributor

You have to look at who hired freeh. It was the board! They don't want to be held accountable for any of this. So they are not sued. This Freeh investigation had no subpeana authority. They have not interveiwed most of the key witnesses they can only speculate on what was said in conversations. What I do know is that JS was investigated by the DA and the Police in 98 no charges were brought against him. Joe knew of the investigation and the results. So I don't think at that point joe did anything wrong. After the 2001 incident when you have an I witness and he still is not stopped and dealt with through the proper authorities then we have a problem. I don't know what joe's thoughts or what his advice was to Curley, Shultz,spanier and we probably never will at this time but he should have been stopped right there. The 98 thing was no secret. the 2001 incident was kept hush hush. Thats a sad sad thing. Sorry for those boys.

!
post #8 of 256 (permalink) Old 07-13-2012, 06:10 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGH VELOCITY
You have to look at who hired freeh. It was the board! They don't want to be held accountable for any of this. So they are not sued. This Freeh investigation had no subpeana authority. They have not interveiwed most of the key witnesses they can only speculate on what was said in conversations. What I do know is that JS was investigated by the DA and the Police in 98 no charges were brought against him. Joe knew of the investigation and the results. So I don't think at that point joe did anything wrong. After the 2001 incident when you have an I witness and he still is not stopped and dealt with through the proper authorities then we have a problem. I don't know what joe's thoughts or what his advice was to Curley, Shultz,spanier and we probably never will at this time but he should have been stopped right there. The 98 thing was no secret. the 2001 incident was kept hush hush. Thats a sad sad thing. Sorry for those boys.

Very intelligent comment on the subject.

God Bless the USA.

post #9 of 256 (permalink) Old 07-13-2012, 06:29 PM

The death penalty shows that the NCAA is serious about a zero tolerance for compromising the safety of children. It should absolutely be given, if the NCAA is to have any credibility at all.

Hunting: 10% skill and 90% location.
post #10 of 256 (permalink) Old 07-13-2012, 06:54 PM
Banned

Joe Paterno has passed on he is no longer here to defend himself he is in the next life god knows the true story let him tend to it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page