Originally Posted by pappybear
This whole affair is sickening.
My question at this point is, How credible is it for PSU to releases their findings before the the remaining defendants are tried in a court of law?
PSU didnt release anything, the PI they hired did. The grand jury asked for this material from PSU, but they dragged their feet and claimed much of it couldnt be found, or in the case of the emails, they were thought to be gone forever after a cut over to a new server. If the evidence is gone, not much to prosecute.
The questions that need to be asked now are:
1. Why did the DA in Centre county let the charges ride in 1998? That was victim 6, guilty on all charges related to that victim
2. Why did the DA in Clinton county ingore the complaints in 2008? That was victim 1, guilty on all charges.
DA1 is dead, DA2 should be investigated and have charges brought against him.
3. Why did the Asst AG ask Paterno a few easy questions when he was brought in for questioning
Answer, she was a big Paterno and PSU fan and was trying to protect him and the university.
4. Why was the AG so willing to let every thing else slide once they had enough on Sandusky? Were they more worried about bringing down PSU then finding out what was really happening? I'm thinking so. Corbett and Rendel need to be brought in under oath and asked some serious questions, along with everyone involved with the grand jury investigation.
5. There were two school officials from Central Mountain HS that ignored what they saw and heard. Why are they still involved with public education?
6. The outside council for PSU when all this happened was also an attorney for The Second Mile. What part did he play in the cover up.
7. Who else at The Second Mile knew and kept quiet. There was a lot of money exchanged with that organization and PSU with donations back and forth along with building contracts awarded from PSU to a Second Mile board member who owns a well known construction business in the State College area.
8. Children and Youth Services were aware of what happened in 1998, and they did nothing. I'm thinking a few people in that organization need to be charged also.
9. The person daddy McQuery called in 2001 was also Paterno's personal physican. Why was he even called? What all was he told? Why didn't he report what McQuery to authorities? He falls under the Cleary Act for reporting. I'm betting there is an open jail cell waiting for him.
10. Every member of the coaching staff knew what Jerry was doing, yet no one said anything. Two of those coaches are on the current PSU football staff. Do they fall under the Cleary Act? If so, why havent they been charged? Why are some still coaching?
These are just some of the players involved in the cover-up, there are many more still to come.