Gee, ya think - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-12-2012, 01:19 PM Thread Starter

Gee, ya think

Report: Penn St. disregarded children's welfare

STATE COLLEGE, Pa. (AP) -- Penn State's investigation into the Jerry Sandusky scandal concludes that the administrators who fielded a 2001 complaint about him created a dangerous situation for future victims by not reporting the matter.

The Freeh Group's report issued Thursday said that in order to avoid bad publicity, president Graham Spanier, football coach Joe Paterno, athletic director Tim Curley and vice president Gary Schultz ''repeatedly concealed critical facts.''

The report says the men ''failed to protect against a child sexual predator harming children for over a decade.''

The report says all four knew about a 1998 investigation into Sandusky that didn't result in criminal charges at the time, but none alerted the trustees and none took further action against Sandusky.

Sandusky is awaiting sentencing after being convicted of 45 criminal counts. The scandal led to the ouster of Paterno and the school's president.

I don't have ducks. I don't have rows. I have squirrels. And they're drunk.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-12-2012, 03:39 PM
Sage

Re: Gee, ya think

Not looking good for Joe's legacy and it shouldn't. That policy of see no evil, hear no evil and speak no evil policy by the university leaders good a lot of kids hurt.

When you are up to your butt in alligators, it is hard to remember your intent was to drain the swamp. Stay focused!
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-12-2012, 05:14 PM

Many have and will continue to hold Paterno up as a hero! Very sad.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-12-2012, 07:51 PM
Sage

Thay all had the opportunity to become heros or goats, they chose to be goats. As far as the coach and the janitor who observed rape in the showers and walked away, they are not men, they are miserable cowards and should be ashamed to show their faces in public. The state should refuse to provide one red cent to Penn State to cover tort settlements, they dug their own hole and they can dig their way out. I suspect that Paterno's estate will be a lot smaller when the law suits are over.

When you are up to your butt in alligators, it is hard to remember your intent was to drain the swamp. Stay focused!
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-12-2012, 08:03 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by InVenangoNow
Many have and will continue to hold Paterno up as a hero! Very sad.
A lot fewer of them now. All those people that couldn't think for themselves and were hiding behind "wait till all the facts are out" have nothing to hold onto anymore. Sad, Sad day but those prudent ones among us foresaw this coming for months. The quicker PSU can distance themselves from these scum, the quicker the commmunity can begin the healing process.

Huntin Bucks and Crushin Ducks
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-12-2012, 08:33 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I am a Penn State alum. Class of '91. I was also one of the people waiting for the facts to come out. Well, they are out. Here is what I think.

1. While Joe Paterno did a lot of great things for the university and was extremely philanthopic, his statue needs to come down in order to immediately put distance between him and the university.

2. Spanier, Schultz and Curley need to be found guilty for covering up a felony.

3. The Paterno family needs to quit responding. The facts have been put forth and Joe was one of the conspirators behind this crime.

4. As for the state not paying for lawsuits, donations at Penn State are at record levels since this scandal broke. The alumni are giving in extremely high amounts, over $200 mil. so far this year.

5. At the end of the day, my love for my alma mater does not falter and my kids will be attending in a few years in order to get a fantastic education. After all...

We Are STILL Penn State!!!!!!

And that statement has nothing to do with football.

Holy Cheese and Crackers!
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-12-2012, 08:46 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Well said Randy.PSU is a great school.I didn't attend PSU but I have been a PSU football fan all my life.(I'm 44)To here that Paterno knew those things were going on and did nothing about it sickens me.I have 2 sons.I don't care if your name is Joe Paterno or Joe Smith:If you cover that kind of crime up,you are a piece of trash in my book.(And yes,I HELD Paterno in high esteem,until now.
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-12-2012, 09:22 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Washpa Randy
I am a Penn State alum. Class of '91. I was also one of the people waiting for the facts to come out. Well, they are out. Here is what I think.

1. While Joe Paterno did a lot of great things for the university and was extremely philanthopic, his statue needs to come down in order to immediately put distance between him and the university.

2. Spanier, Schultz and Curley need to be found guilty for covering up a felony.

3. The Paterno family needs to quit responding. The facts have been put forth and Joe was one of the conspirators behind this crime.

4. As for the state not paying for lawsuits, donations at Penn State are at record levels since this scandal broke. The alumni are giving in extremely high amounts, over $200 mil. so far this year.

5. At the end of the day, my love for my alma mater does not falter and my kids will be attending in a few years in order to get a fantastic education. After all...

We Are STILL Penn State!!!!!!

And that statement has nothing to do with football.
+2 very well said. Class of '03 here and my support and that of family will continue on to the university as well

Huntin Bucks and Crushin Ducks
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-12-2012, 11:10 PM
Sage

+3 well said guys, you can still be proud of your accomplisments, still a good school......
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-12-2012, 11:15 PM

+4. Well said.

Good night Chesty, wherever you are......

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page