The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

What animal is doing this?

2K views 27 replies 18 participants last post by  Johnnyb1815 
#1 · (Edited)
In the last couple days something started gnawing up my flower beds. They look like someone trampled them, until closer inspection. I can see where something chewed the stems off, but it’s like they chewed the flowers down but didn’t eat anything. I’ve never seen rabbits do this, they’re destructive but they eat the plants. Any ideas?

Attachments

See less See more
#15 ·
You guys - .220 Swift or a .40 for VOLES. Dream on!

You need 00 Buck for them delivered from a Turkey Choke 12 gage. Also, have plenty of back up ordinance as them Voles are pack killers just like chipmunks and some species of night crawlers.
Also, if they attack, save the last round for yourself as you do not want to be taken alive.

#22 ·
I saw a video on facebook one time where a guy solved his mole problem by dumping gasoline down the critter's den hole, and then tossing a lit match into said den hole. Pretty sure he got all the moles....and, IIRC, his beagle was really impressed!

BTW, I'm not saying this is a good idea...

#27 ·
Working this morning and hear my youngest call out to tell me one of the cats brought a mouse in. I walk towards the patio door, and there's a chipmunk laid on the dining room floor with cat looking up at me proudly. Not sure which I dislike more, chippies in my yard or cats in my house!

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.