The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

D-Day

890 views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  DethFrumAbuv 
#1 ·
76 years ago today, the allied forces landed in Normandy France with the intent on defeating the Thugs and Criminals of the Nazi regime.

Fast forward to today... The Thugs and Criminals are looting and burning our cities and the Leaders are letting it happen.

WOW How things have changed. As bad as it was back then, I can't help but think at least there was hope that things were going to get better. I do not think we have that same optimism today.

#6 · (Edited)
I really wish you hadn’t coupled the heroics of the Allied Forces actions on D-Day with the actions of the looters/rioters of today.[/QUOT

Well if it offended you, too bad. Just think of how decades of Liberal, democrat ideology has morally and ethically degraded our country. It is a monumental dishonor to those men and women from the 1940's to allow this crap to continue, although there are many here that vote for and support those that are not only allowing this to happen, but encouraging it.

I can't help but think what those who lost their lives on the beaches would have thought about the destruction that is going on. It makes me sick to see so many people supporting the #BLM movement. And making excuses for the rioters. I can't also help to think about the news headline, then and now, and how disgusting the media have become with regards to our soldiers and Law Enforcement. It is Is NOT the same country it was then. We need to look back and realize that what is happening today is NOT what those men and women fought for.

What is History going to say 76 years from now about what happened. I don't think anyone will be proud of the actions of today's men and women !

#8 ·
God bless those who were there on that day, I can’t imagine what they went through. I have a great uncle that went onto Utah beach in the second wave. He passed away shortly before I was born, I really wish someone in my family would have documented his story. He earned a pile of medals, but I don’t know how or when.

#9 ·
The Greatest Generation. I worked on a farm back in the 1970s helping the owner bale hay. Real nice gentleman and a quiet individual, hard worker. I never knew till he had died a few years ago and read his obituary, he was in the first wave to hit the beach on D-Day. The horrors and nightmares the guy must of had to relive his whole life.

#11 ·
Well if it offended you, too bad. Just think of how decades of Liberal, democrat ideology has morally and ethically degraded our country. It is a monumental dishonor to those men and women from the 1940's to allow this crap to continue, although there are many here that vote for and support those that are not only allowing this to happen, but encouraging it.

Offend me? No, it disgusted me that you would somehow link the heroic actions of those soldiers with the scumbag looters of today.

#12 ·
My grandfather was in Normandy and thank God he made it home. I was really upset to see the rioters spray painted the WW II memorial in D.C. Disgusting and uncalled for. Our WW I I veterans are heroes that I respect. I don't respect looting and rioting. Thank you to all the veterans on this forum!

#14 ·
I took the post to mean that the heroic Allied troops on D-Day (white and black, BTW) fought bravely against Nazi thugs and helped win the day for liberty and freedom.

Today we have organized thuggery taking advantage of people intending to peacefully protest (a right our D-Day heroes fought for) and causing riots and looting. And certain govt leaders refuse to let today's heroes (cops and Natl Guard) stop them.

And yep, I said cops are heroes. They are. As individual humans, there are almost certainly a few bad apples as there are in any profession.

We need change to enable us to weed out the few bad apples. But as a whole, they are there to protect freedom and its citizens.

I think the D-Day troops would agree.

They fought and bled on the beaches of Europe to uphold the American way of life.

That way of life includes the right to make your voice heard, peacefully, respectfully, and intelligently.

That way of life does not include riots, looting, imflammatory speeches, or cops kneeling on the neck of a handcuffed suspect for ten minutes.

I bet anyone who was in a landing craft that dropped the front gate on the sands of Omaha beach would not have just stood there with their phone videoing the incident with Mr. Floyd. They would have approached the cops and told them flat out, "Son, enough is enough, you are crossing that line you swore to protect."

We need heroes like that.

Reactions: ruger300
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.