Interesting Coronavirus Stats - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 102Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 159 (permalink) Old 03-26-2020, 08:24 AM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Lewisburg, PA
Posts: 330
Back To Top
Interesting Coronavirus Stats

Wanted to check and see what percentage of the United States people have COVID. Crazy to find out that .002% of the population has the virus as of right now.........
zjheeter is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 159 (permalink) Old 03-26-2020, 08:26 AM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Lewisburg, PA
Posts: 330
Back To Top
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Took the total amount of cases (68,594) and divided it by 372milliion. (Which is our US population)

Wanted to add this in case some math geniuses try and say otherwise.
zjheeter is offline  
post #3 of 159 (permalink) Old 03-26-2020, 08:34 AM
Regular Member
 
Buckskin Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Live in Venango County. Hunting Camp in Warren County
Posts: 2,235
Back To Top
Quote:
Originally Posted by zjheeter View Post
Wanted to check and see what percentage of the United States people have COVID. Crazy to find out that .002% of the population has the virus as of right now.........
Quote:
Originally Posted by zjheeter View Post
h

Wanted to add this in case some math geniuses try and say otherwise.

I didn't know all the people in the US had been tested. I thought mostly only people already showing symptoms were being tested. And it can take weeks to show symptoms. and some folks dont ever show a symptom, but have it and carry it. Which would then mean your genius math don't mean squat.

Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf.

"When a pine needle falls in the forest, the eagle sees it, the deer hears it, and the bear smells it."
an old First Nations saying
Buckskin Dave is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 159 (permalink) Old 03-26-2020, 08:40 AM
Regular Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: PA
Posts: 2,034
Back To Top
Quote:
Originally Posted by zjheeter View Post
Crazy to find out that .002% of the population has the virus as of right now.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by zjheeter View Post

Wanted to add this in case some math geniuses try and say otherwise.



Wouldn't it be .0002?

Last edited by Hunter8319; 03-26-2020 at 09:39 AM.
Hunter8319 is online now  
post #5 of 159 (permalink) Old 03-26-2020, 08:41 AM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Lewisburg, PA
Posts: 330
Back To Top
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckskin Dave View Post
I didn't know all the people in the US had been tested. I thought mostly only people already showing symptoms were being tested. And it can take weeks to show symptoms. and some folks dont ever show a symptom, but have it and carry it. Which would then mean your genius math don't mean squat.
As of now that's where we are at. Goes to show that we as a whole need to have common sense on this issue. Is it being thrown way out of proportion? Absolutely. Fear is the driving tactic here and nothing else.

Wake up America.
bohunr and yellodog like this.
zjheeter is offline  
post #6 of 159 (permalink) Old 03-26-2020, 08:43 AM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Lewisburg, PA
Posts: 330
Back To Top
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter8319 View Post
Wouldn't it be .0002%?
.02 is 2% so .0002 as a decimal would be .002 as a percentage point.
zjheeter is offline  
post #7 of 159 (permalink) Old 03-26-2020, 08:53 AM
Regular Member
 
Buckskin Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Live in Venango County. Hunting Camp in Warren County
Posts: 2,235
Back To Top
Quote:
Originally Posted by zjheeter View Post
As of now that's where we are at.
.

Yeah, its where we are now because of the incredible effort the state and federal governments are making and the sacrifices of people staying home doing their part and the ones that must go out using caution and smart measures to slow people getting sick. If we were not doing these things the picture would be very different.
The fact that we are only at .002 % shows its working. Keep it up America!

Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf.

"When a pine needle falls in the forest, the eagle sees it, the deer hears it, and the bear smells it."
an old First Nations saying
Buckskin Dave is offline  
post #8 of 159 (permalink) Old 03-26-2020, 08:58 AM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Lewisburg, PA
Posts: 330
Back To Top
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckskin Dave View Post
Yeah, its where we are now because of the incredible effort the state and federal governments are making and the sacrifices of people staying home doing their part and the ones that must go out using caution and smart measures to slow people getting sick. If we were not doing these things the picture would be very different.
The fact that we are only at .002 % shows its working. Keep it up America!
Yes, I completely agree. We are doing great. Trump is on a roll.
zjheeter is offline  
post #9 of 159 (permalink) Old 03-26-2020, 09:34 AM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Butler / Moshannon Pa
Posts: 4,447
Back To Top
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckskin Dave View Post
Yeah, its where we are now because of the incredible effort the state and federal governments are making and the sacrifices of people staying home doing their part and the ones that must go out using caution and smart measures to slow people getting sick. If we were not doing these things the picture would be very different.
The fact that we are only at .002 % shows its working. Keep it up America!

That is a fact. Where the numbers be without the measures taken would be anyone’s guess.
Bigbrownie is online now  
post #10 of 159 (permalink) Old 03-26-2020, 09:39 AM
Regular Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: PA
Posts: 2,034
Back To Top
Quote:
Originally Posted by zjheeter View Post
.02 is 2% so .0002 as a decimal would be .002 as a percentage point.

You move the decimal two places. .0002 would be .02
JakeS1922 likes this.
Hunter8319 is online now  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in













Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome