iPhone Survey??? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 43Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-18-2020, 05:37 PM Thread Starter
Sage

iPhone Survey???

You iPhone guys...curious what one you have. I have a 4 year old SE(iPhone 5 plus version) and thinking of upgrading. Battery life is starting to deteriorate & looking for a lil larger screen.

Thanks!!

NRA Life Member
PFSC Life Member
CBF Member
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-18-2020, 06:02 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I have an SE...and am hoping it lasts forever. I'll get a new battery if mines start to go. I'm more worried about Apple cutting off support than the battery. I like smaller phones, and everything available is larger.

That being said, most seem to like the 10 and 11. Probably find decent deal on a 10, now that the 11 is out.
Loggy and Mussgrass like this.
post #3 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-18-2020, 06:02 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

What ever you get I would suggest it has the latest processors and enough memory to store future updates on phone operating system along with apps and stuff you want to save.
Scuttle butt is Apple is coming out with a new SE, may be called a iphone 9, this spring. Itís just a little bigger than a iPhone 6 size wise, and priced around $500.00. Not sure what theyíre cutting to get that price, may not be 5G compatible.
Iím in the same boat as you with my old 5 SE. planning on updating sometime this year.
Loggy likes this.

The way that you wander is the way that you choose,
The day that you tarry is the day that you lose.
Sunshine or thunder, a man will always wonder.
Where the fair wind blows.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-18-2020, 06:12 PM
tdd
Super Moderator

I have an 11. Recently got it, and I had been on a 7.

We switched carriers and I had to change my device. The deals were there for my kids (2 with phones) to get XRís and my wife and I got 11ís.

It was an adjustment, but I like it.
Loggy likes this.
post #5 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-18-2020, 06:14 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coureur De Bois View Post
What ever you get I would suggest it has the latest processors and enough memory to store future updates on phone operating system along with apps and stuff you want to save.
Scuttle butt is Apple is coming out with a new SE, may be called a iphone 9, this spring. It’s just a little bigger than a iPhone 6 size wise, and priced around $500.00. Not sure what they’re cutting to get that price, may not be 5G compatible.
I’m in the same boat as you with my old 5 SE. planning on updating sometime this year.
They have been talking about a replacement for the SE for at least 2 years. Even went as far as announcing a replacement would come last year. Then reneged. I think they figure since there is only a couple hundred $ difference in the price point of a 10 and a replacement SE, it wouldn't be a big seller, and therefore not worth the effort.

What they need is a basic SE replacement at the $200-$300 price point....where the old SE was.

Edit: You can tell I'm not very hip...referring to an X as a 10!
Loggy likes this.

Last edited by simoncool; 01-18-2020 at 06:17 PM.
post #6 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-18-2020, 06:19 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I HATE the new bigger screens. Can't stand a phone that barely fits in my pocket. I discovered the SE because of it's size, and ordered one last year before apple discontinued them. I fell in the water with it in my pocket in the dark this past spring gobbler, and it barely survived. Days of drying out saved it but the battery life was awful.

Since apple discontinued it, I ordered a new in the box SE from a vendor on ebay and just switched out the sim card. Loved it until it I dropped it and shattered the screen the other day, even with a protective case. So now I'm back on the old SE that has the terrible battery life.

I read that apple is hearing peoples gripes that phones have gotten too big, and this year are supposed to offer a smaller model. It's still bigger than the SE though. Not sure what I'm going to do.

I have a iPhone 10 for work. I mean it's a nice phone but nothing beats the slender pocket size SE. I'm surprised several of you have mentioned having one. Not many people are familiar with them.
Loggy and simoncool like this.

The sleep of a laborer is sweet, while the rich man tosses and turns, worried about his possessions.
post #7 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-18-2020, 06:33 PM Thread Starter
Sage

I'm seriously looking at the iPhone 8 which has Apple's fast new six-core A11 Bionic chip plus the screen is a tad larger than the SE plus its the last iPhone model to have a bottom home key which I like. It also has an improved camera vs the SE. Apple also added improvement in water resistance plus upgraded battery for longer life in the 8.
ruger300 likes this.

NRA Life Member
PFSC Life Member
CBF Member
post #8 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-18-2020, 07:10 PM

Switched from a flip top to a used I phone 6 plus which has a larger screen last Sept.
Loggy likes this.

NRA Benefactor Member
NWTF Member
post #9 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-18-2020, 07:14 PM
Frequent Contributor

The battery in my 6 is not lasting as long as it should now also. Looking at the 8 as a replacement.
Loggy likes this.
post #10 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-18-2020, 07:21 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I like my flip phone
bohunr, Loggy and johnny v. like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page