The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

First time for the farm show

716 views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  Loggy 
#1 ·
As stated I am taking the family down next weekend. Never experienced this before so just curious if any knows of the things that are must do’s or recommendations?

#2 ·
It's a big show, allocate plenty of time. Of course you have to hit the food court and have a milk shake. You might want to look at the schedule and pick a day that something of interest to you is going on in the large arena, like the horse pulling, square dancing, etc. Kids will love the animals, you'll love the equipment and the wife will love the arts and crafts and such.

#3 ·
Loridr covered the important stuff. We mainly go for the food court and the people watching anymore, but I've spent a lot of time up there over the years as an exhibitor. There is certainly plenty to see, so give yourself plenty of time. The rodeos are always neat to watch, but be prepared for a bigger crowd to wade through those nights.

#6 ·
Haven't been to the Farm show since just out of High School when the girlfriend (then wife, then ex-wife) trained and showed horses. My one son is going with the school on a field trip.
I'll not make the Farm show this year, but will definitely be going to the Outdoor Show.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.