Advice needed - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By NorthernPotterCo
  • 2 Post By Ellsworth

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-08-2019, 08:09 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

Advice needed

I have a gas station/convenient store just down the road from me that my wife and I sometimes buy wine/beer at. The last 3 times we made a purchase we were charged twice. This was with a debit card and also a credit card. Each time it happens I've gone back to the store and my money has been refunded with cash. The issue is it keeps happening. At this time I feel I need to report it for concern for others that may not know it is happening to them but I do not know who to report it to, police, better business bureau, etc. Any advice would be appreciated.

A promise made is a debt unpaid.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-08-2019, 08:17 PM

I would call the police and ask for advice , then follow up with the better business bureau . also if it is a store that is part of a chain of stations , call the corporate office and explain to them what happened and let them investigate it. until then I would stay clear of it until resolved
bohunr likes this.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-08-2019, 09:07 PM
Part of the Community

Happened to me once. Called my card carrier (Visa) for the refund. Sounds shady giving cash back but gotta think the card carrier would be on the best at resolving such issues to maintain their good name.
bohunr and NorthernPotterCo like this.

If Sunday hunting was not already illegal, who among us would not laugh at making it so?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-09-2019, 08:05 AM

BBB can't do anything other than put a remark on their site.Talk to the police and if they are unwilling to do something contact the Pa attorney general.

Bob Seger,till it shines.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-09-2019, 08:23 AM

Oh and tell everyone you know about it.A new gas station less than a mile from me was skimming card numbers.Word got around fast and they were done in under six months.Nobody would buy gas there.

Bob Seger,till it shines.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-10-2019, 12:15 PM

Probably all about the number of people they charge twice. If only 75% of the people catch it, then they are still able to cheat 25% of the people. Or it could be as simple, as a problem with their machine. Some one needs to figure out if they are doing it on purpose.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-10-2019, 12:21 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

A lot of hotels and gas stations are being bought out by Indians and they pay no taxes for several years and then sell it to their brothers so the business is operated paying no taxes... The one Indian gas station near me the indian owner was arrested for selling synthetic Marajuana from his stash in the ceiling tiles... They are not the most customer friendly business owners ONLY worried about their next US dollar...
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-11-2019, 09:18 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADKtrapper View Post
I have a gas station/convenient store just down the road from me that my wife and I sometimes buy wine/beer at. The last 3 times we made a purchase we were charged twice. This was with a debit card and also a credit card. Each time it happens I've gone back to the store and my money has been refunded with cash. The issue is it keeps happening. At this time I feel I need to report it for concern for others that may not know it is happening to them but I do not know who to report it to, police, better business bureau, etc. Any advice would be appreciated.
I would report it to the police, 3 times is not a coincidence, call the state police since you are dealing with a state owned store and the PSP is now what used to be LCB agents.

When you are up to your butt in alligators, it is hard to remember your intent was to drain the swamp. Stay focused!
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-11-2019, 09:37 AM
Part of the Community

Since its a convenience store it is not state owned. And the State Police LCE agents probably won`t investigate. Try the local DA or PA Attorney General Office. also notify the card issuers because they can investigate fraud even if the money was returned.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page