Woolrich,PA - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-31-2019, 02:52 PM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

Location: TN,Susquehanna,Wyoming,Bradford,Lackawanna, Tioga Co, PA , Steuben Co, NY & Sevier Co TN
Woolrich,PA

Stopped in to Woolrich last week, first time in 9 years. Found out that an Italian company purchased the business. The Woolrich name will be no more. So they had the original Buffalo check blankets made at the mill on sale. I guess all good things come to an end. Good thing I purchased a lot of Woolrich in the early years.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg woolb.jpg (84.8 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg woolabel.jpg (122.9 KB, 11 views)
Loggy and triggercreep like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-31-2019, 03:14 PM

the company my dad use to work for use to give them out as a Christmas present back in the 50`s and 60`s not anymore since the 70`s
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-31-2019, 03:23 PM

it is a shame they have to change but that is todays culture nothing stays the same
Buckskin Dave likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-01-2019, 07:36 AM
Sage

Always enjoyed visiting their old store/outlet.

NRA Life Member
PFSC Life Member
CBF Member
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-01-2019, 07:53 AM
Frequent Contributor

Used to drive up and camp at Little Pine just to go to the store. To bad they won't be there anymore. They did have good stuff years ago.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-01-2019, 12:32 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Don't think all of this is accurate. The partnership between Woolrich and Italy began in the 80's which led to forming Woolrich Europe headquartered in Italy, they were authorized to design and manufacture in the 90s. A couple years ago Woolrich Inc and Europe merged to form Woolrich International still under US control with one of the Woolrich bloodlines. Last year it was almost completely sold to L Gam an investment firm in Luxembourg, Italy sold out completely and the US person retained 10%. So it is actually now controlled by Luxembourg, no manufacturing or leadership here at all. But the "name" should go on with a definitely European look.
https://www.woolrich.com/

Stand up and be counted, join an outdoor sports organization
Life NRA,Life PTA,Annual SCI
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-01-2019, 12:54 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Stopped in their store one time years ago. Really didn't see any deals. I do like Woolrich thought. I have my Dads coats and a couple of mine all originals.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-01-2019, 01:42 PM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

Location: TN,Susquehanna,Wyoming,Bradford,Lackawanna, Tioga Co, PA , Steuben Co, NY & Sevier Co TN
Quote:
Originally Posted by tundragriz View Post
Don't think all of this is accurate. The partnership between Woolrich and Italy began in the 80's which led to forming Woolrich Europe headquartered in Italy, they were authorized to design and manufacture in the 90s. A couple years ago Woolrich Inc and Europe merged to form Woolrich International still under US control with one of the Woolrich bloodlines. Last year it was almost completely sold to L Gam an investment firm in Luxembourg, Italy sold out completely and the US person retained 10%. So it is actually now controlled by Luxembourg, no manufacturing or leadership here at all. But the "name" should go on with a definitely European look.
https://www.woolrich.com/
You are probably right Tundra about this. The personnel at the store told us that the Richs' were out and the Woolrich label was being replaced with the Italian label. There was very little left with the Woolrich label let alone made in the USA. A lot of the clothes were tailored for smaller folks and nothing in Big or Tall sizes. Grabbed the blanket for collection as it was made at the mill there.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-01-2019, 01:49 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

US manufacturing was stopped last year I think and surely won't be coming back, only the name will survive. If you look at the link above about their fur policy, no fur will be coming from the US.

Stand up and be counted, join an outdoor sports organization
Life NRA,Life PTA,Annual SCI
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-01-2019, 01:58 PM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by tundragriz View Post
US manufacturing was stopped last year I think and surely won't be coming back, only the name will survive. If you look at the link above about their fur policy, no fur will be coming from the US.
Thanks Tundra for clearing this up. I took it as the personnel new what they were talking about.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page