Potd 9/27/2019 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-27-2019, 05:58 AM Thread Starter
The Man

Potd 9/27/2019

Public Service Announcement from Team POTD:

With the weekend coming, and deer season fast approaching, this might be something to keep in mind.
Choose wisely, friends

60838207_2359263821064895_4712638004949155840_n.jpg
Nightblaster and jimsdad like this.

William will you teach me how to write, Cassius will you show me how to fight.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-27-2019, 06:21 AM
Hooked on HuntingPa

LOL One time I came home from a hunting trip and found all new furniture in the house.
Bates and NorthernPotterCo like this.

I will prepare and someday my chance will come. - Abraham Lincoln

post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-27-2019, 06:28 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightblaster View Post
LOL One time I came home from a hunting trip and found all new furniture in the house.
I came home from a hunting trip one time and the house was empty.................

Intelligence without wisdom is Modern Society............
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-27-2019, 08:02 AM

Bates, point of order if I may. Although your schematic of the different paths men and women use when shopping in a store is correct, it would be more accurate if you were to include the additional store floor plans (no less than two more) that are invariably part of any woman's' shopping trip.
Bates likes this.

Good night Chesty, wherever you are......
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-27-2019, 08:07 AM
Part of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimsdad View Post
Bates, point of order if I may. Although your schematic of the different paths men and women use when shopping in a store is correct, it would be more accurate if you were to include the additional store floor plans (no less than two more) that are invariably part of any woman's' shopping trip.
Yeah and they don’t tell you til you agree to go to one place with them. “Well I wanted to stop here and here too”!
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-27-2019, 08:12 AM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by NECK SHOT View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimsdad View Post

Yeah and they don’t tell you til you agree to go to one place with them. “Well I wanted to stop here and here too”!
Don't forget, you'll have to put gas in her car first!

Bigfoot saw me but nobody believes him!
5D
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-27-2019, 08:19 AM
Frequent Contributor

I guess I am a lucky man, my wife follows the 1st map.
Mussgrass likes this.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-27-2019, 02:44 PM

must be blondes doing the shopping
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-27-2019, 11:18 PM

What I have learned from my wives shopping: When I work out I go to the gym to lift weights I skip the tread mill by giving my wife an hour start in the local mall then try to walk in and try to find her. Did you ever see those bumper cars at a county fair......that is her when she goes to some store bumps into something thing spins in a different direction repeat.....repeat.....my work out shoes are wearing thin....
jimsdad and Bates like this.

NRA Benefactor Member
NWTF Member
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-28-2019, 08:41 AM

You know, this reminds me of something I read a long time ago and it may have been that book; "Men are From Mars, Women are From Venus".
Well anyhow, I read this part that said men are not detail oriented and tend to focus on distant things (weather they be physical or conceptual) and see their surroundings based on a view from 20,000 feet. And this is because men are products of an evolutionary culture in which they were hunters and had to keep their eyes / focus on prey animals. As such men, to this day, are subject to that evolutionary thing in which we were trailing mastodons, cave bears and such in hopes of getting food.
Women, on the other hand are very detail oriented because their ancient role was that of a gatherer who had the responsibility of noticing and keeping track of terrain, plants (edible and otherwise), children, places that offered best protection from the elements, and the thousands of details that kept the band / tribe safe, healthy and comfortable.
Now, with that said I want to apologize to any and all people who read this and who hold that the earth is no more than 3,000 years old. I mean no disrespect, just putting this out there.
Well, that penchant for men to get to the heart of things and bring home the bacon and women to explore looking for the best comforts for the "cave" iis still with us.
Bates likes this.

Good night Chesty, wherever you are......

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page