Will game carts become strollers? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 8Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-22-2017, 02:36 PM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

Will game carts become strollers?

Interesting article. Guess the question is when is to young to young?

Wisconsin girl, 6, bags 6-point buck under state's new hunting law | Fox News
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-22-2017, 03:04 PM
Regular Visitor

I think now in PA the rules are too young with mentored hunts. My boys will be waiting until they are 12 until they are out with a gun.

I have taken them out with me in archery but I think that there is too much that can happen too quickly even with a parent or guardian right there. Heck...I think I am at times more worried about the parent or guardian then the kids.

My opinion is the move by PA along with some of the other changes is a "money grab" so the commission can stay solvent. Combine Fish and Game Commissions and get real with the benefit packages they receive. The rest of us had to deal with pension / retirement and insurance changes over the last 10 to 15 years....why hasn't the State?
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-23-2017, 09:43 AM
Banned

Combining the agencies would be the stupidest thing the sate could do. Instead of having two underfunded agencies there would be one big underfunded agency competing for the license fees. Additionally the monies earned from the game lands, which is substantial would have to be shared with the fish and boat side which would hurt the game side. What you folks who continue to say combine the agencies don't realize that the combined agencies are funded by tax payers, not just hunters and fishermen so their funding is totally dependent on what the legislature and the governor allows them to have each year. I know a lot of people in a lot of state game and fish agencies and all I ever heard from them is they wish they were set up like the PGC and PAF&B. Additionally, once that happens the head of the combined agency would be appointed by the governor and be a political hack getting paid back and would not be there for the best interests of the resources or the sportsmen. When governors change, the agency head would change and there would be no continuity in running programs in the agency. Be careful what you wish for, because once that happens it will be here forever. But then perhaps you wouldn't mind hunters and fishermen's money going to welfare recipients and other uses that would benefit politicians and not sportsmen because there would be no way they would not put fish and game money in the general fund.
bad primer likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-23-2017, 09:44 AM
Sage

I hope so, then i might be able to convince somebody to push me around the hills in it.
Bigbrownie and Laylow like this.

Itís funny until somebody gets hurt, then itís hilarious
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-23-2017, 11:22 AM
Regular Visitor

I disagree. Do you think that the executive directors and commissioners of the PGC and PFBC are not political appointees currently? Since this is a hunting forum here is the PGC:

Commissioners

Making the statement that combining the agencies not resulting in resulted expenses can only be made by someone that is "drinking the cool-aide" or just doesn't understand the indirect costs associated with running any business or organization. By consolidating the two agencies and having competent management there would be a reduction in number of buildings, vehicles, and administrative staff (including commissioners) and above. Now I give you this...if they combined things probably would be worse because of continued appointed leadership that has no business experience and education coupled with continued decisions being driven by politics. The same reasons why overall the state has no money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woods walker View Post
Combining the agencies would be the stupidest thing the sate could do. Instead of having two underfunded agencies there would be one big underfunded agency competing for the license fees. Additionally the monies earned from the game lands, which is substantial would have to be shared with the fish and boat side which would hurt the game side. What you folks who continue to say combine the agencies don't realize that the combined agencies are funded by tax payers, not just hunters and fishermen so their funding is totally dependent on what the legislature and the governor allows them to have each year. I know a lot of people in a lot of state game and fish agencies and all I ever heard from them is they wish they were set up like the PGC and PAF&B. Additionally, once that happens the head of the combined agency would be appointed by the governor and be a political hack getting paid back and would not be there for the best interests of the resources or the sportsmen. When governors change, the agency head would change and there would be no continuity in running programs in the agency. Be careful what you wish for, because once that happens it will be here forever. But then perhaps you wouldn't mind hunters and fishermen's money going to welfare recipients and other uses that would benefit politicians and not sportsmen because there would be no way they would not put fish and game money in the general fund.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-23-2017, 01:10 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

The mentor youth program's by the PGC and PFBC are both outstanding programs. Obviously there are situations that could be questioned. But; overall when the intent of the programs are followed, they are excellent.

Good luck, Tony
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-23-2017, 01:15 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDH80 View Post
I disagree. Do you think that the executive directors and commissioners of the PGC and PFBC are not political appointees currently? Since this is a hunting forum here is the PGC:

Commissioners

Making the statement that combining the agencies not resulting in resulted expenses can only be made by someone that is "drinking the cool-aide" or just doesn't understand the indirect costs associated with running any business or organization. By consolidating the two agencies and having competent management there would be a reduction in number of buildings, vehicles, and administrative staff (including commissioners) and above. Now I give you this...if they combined things probably would be worse because of continued appointed leadership that has no business experience and education coupled with continued decisions being driven by politics. The same reasons why overall the state has no money.
I always have to laugh at the Monday morning quarterbacks who think they can run the agencies better then they are currently being run.

Good luck, Tony
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-23-2017, 01:55 PM
Sage

This thread sure got hijacked a couple times..It was about deer carts..
Tony300wby, Bigbrownie and Laylow like this.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-23-2017, 02:02 PM
Regular Visitor

The only person that is being laughed at is you Tony because either your benefiting from the current mismanagement or you have no clue to what has been going on or you have no business experience...my guess maybe both.

Care to enlighten everyone what the cost of fringe benefits are for both of these agencies to the taxpayer and the benefits the employees of these agencies have and what they contribute? Figure out the answers to these questions and come and tell me that it isn't a huge problem. Then explain why nothing is being done about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony300wby View Post
Quote:

Commissioners

I always have to laugh at the Monday morning quarterbacks who think they can run the agencies better then they are currently being run.

Good luck, Tony

Last edited by JDH80; 11-23-2017 at 02:09 PM.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-23-2017, 02:43 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
The only person that is being laughed at is you Tony because either your benefiting from the current mismanagement or you have no clue to what has been going on or you have no business experience...my guess maybe both.

Care to enlightenedus what the cost of fringe benefits are for both of these agencies to the taxpayer and the benefits the employees of these agencies have and what they contribute?
Just like you I have no clue what it takes to run the PGC or the PFBC; but I am smart enough to admit that. I dont know what the fuel cost is, I dont know what the vehicle maintenance costs are, I dont know what the it costs to light and heat the buildings, ect., ect., ect. That is why I leave it up to the people who have the information needed to make accurate decisions on what is best for both administrations. It is very easy to get on a soap box and claim to be able to make this change and that change to the agencies and in some fairy tail land think it will all work.

I personally commend the employees of both agencies for getting all the benefits they can. They work hard and deserve fair salary and benefits packages. I believe that it is up to every individual to find themselves a job that gives them fair pay and benefits, and do not begrudge anyone who has a better benefit package than I do.

Good luck, Tony
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page