Philadelphia Mayor: Pot should be legal, sold at state stores - Page 2 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 40Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 66 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 10:56 AM

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy some State Store libations, but selling pot there would be the least harmful thing they sell!

Wherever somebody’s strugglin’ to be free,
Look in their eyes ma you’ll see me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 66 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 11:07 AM Thread Starter

It would make the checkout line to long but then they could sell bags of chips, dips and candy bars.
jimsdad likes this.
post #13 of 66 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 12:30 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Trying to justify the legalization of marijuana, or any other mind altering drug, based on tax revenue is absorb.

The only time drugs like this should be used is when there is a medical need for them, then it should be used as prescribed by a Dr.

Society already has enough legal ways for individuals to numb their senses. Adding more based on inaccurate claims that it is no more harmful then other substances is ridiculous. Marijuana inhibits ones abilities, that's a fact. I dont not want to share the woods with someone who has a high powered rifle and is under the influence of marijuana. I dont want to be boating on a waterway with someone who is operating a watercraft while under the influence of marijuana. I do not want to share roadways with people who are under the influence of marijuana. I do not want the teachers in my children's schools to be using marijuana. The list can go on and on. There is not a single instance in my daily life that I can say I would rather deal with someone who is under the influence of marijuana then straight.

States that have legalized it are already seeing the negatives that were inevitable, and over time it will only get worse. The feds should raid every dispensary in this country, and confiscate all assets associated with the sale of the illegal drug.

Good luck, Tony
Born2Hunt and BRN2RUN like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 66 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 01:12 PM
Sage

Do you really think you're not sharing the woods, highways, waterways with people who smoke pot? Do you think there aren't teachers who don't smoke pot? They may not be doing it while participating in those activities but they're doing it. My point is, people are gonna smoke pot. Laws aren't gonna stop them. I seem to recall that somebody had the bright idea to make alcohol illegal because it was evil. It was the devil himself in that bottle of booze. How did that work out?

It’s funny until somebody gets hurt, then it’s hilarious
post #15 of 66 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 01:28 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony300wby View Post
Trying to justify the legalization of marijuana, or any other mind altering drug, based on tax revenue is absorb.

Society already has enough legal ways for individuals to numb their senses. Adding more based on inaccurate claims that it is no more harmful then other substances is ridiculous. Marijuana inhibits ones abilities, that's a fact.

States that have legalized it are already seeing the negatives that were inevitable, and over time it will only get worse. The feds should raid every dispensary in this country, and confiscate all assets associated with the sale of the illegal drug.

Good luck, Tony

I think the only inaccurate claim here is your claim that the claims are inaccurate... There have been several in depth studies that show no significant health risks associated to the long or short term use of marijuana. There is no correlation to long term use and an increased risk of cancer, heart, or lung disease. Therefore it is healthier than tobacco. There is no hangover, and in fact studies have shown that those who use marijuana while drinking alcohol kill less brain cells than those who do not. It also doesn't make you think impulsively or irrationally, and in fact typically would cause people to think a little bit longer about things than they would even sober. You can't overdose. There is actually a 0% chance of death. The effects are relatively fast acting and within an hour or two even the most gone of all are back on the planet. I could probably keep going but I think this is enough to show it is safer than alcohol.

It's only a gateway drug because it's the easiest thing to get. It's a lot harder for kids to get booze because they need somebody 21 and irresponsible enough to provide it, which isn't always easy for a 16 year old. But weed, you just gotta ask that shady kid in the corner.

You cannot become physically dependent, it will slightly change brain chemistry as it relates to the natural production of feel good chemicals but will return to normal within a few days of stopping use. The only side effect of withdrawal is irritability, which is also a side effect commonly experienced by the non-user.

And you're argument of not wanting to share roads, boats, woods, etc. isn't even valid because those are all things that are already illegal to do under the influence of legal drugs. Therefore it wouldn't affect you more than it already does. Blaming anything on pot is like how the snowflakes like to blame violence on guns. You sound exactly like Nancy Pelosi talking about "assault" (armalite) rifles.

Other states are having issues, and by issues I mean what the anti's ^ want to call issues, is because it's new and only available in a few states. Once it becomes the regular it won't be the cool new thing. Believe me, if kids want to smoke pot they're going to smoke pot. If they like it they'll keep doing it, if they don't the won't. If they've been provided with a solid foundation they'll go on to be successful, and most likely still smoking pot. If they haven't they'll be delivering pizzas with a bag by there side, and probably a needle too. Same as kids nowadays. Kids go off to college, fall in love with binge drinking, and never amount to anything.

The law is doing absolutely nothing when it comes to pot other than writing that 20 year old kid a citation. It's not hard to get, there isn't much of a punishment, and drug enforcers are so busy with the opioid epidemic brought on by the pharma companies that it doesn't even make sense to waste the resources on it.

By legalizing, very little would change other than the fact that the people getting paid would be legitimate businesses and the government will take 40% to pay for schools and drug counseling to deal with other drug users; instead of sending it straight to mexico where men are kidnapped to run drugs across the border and then their wives and children get raped and decapitated when the shipment gets caught at the border. But if you're against free enterprise and human rights then sure, keep supporting prohibition. It's not your family being ravaged by cartels.
post #16 of 66 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 01:32 PM

They will catch some of them, and it just might be one who is stealing to aid their habit or the ones selling to young kids. Some of the others will screw up in other forms. Go after the dealers who are selling and of course not paying income taxes. Now a second law is broken.

Ignoring the current laws will not help. As mentioned before, if one needs it for medical reasons and is recommended by a competent Dr.
I have no problem.
BRN2RUN and Tony300wby like this.
post #17 of 66 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 01:48 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Absolutely there are people who are high on pot and other illegal drugs every day, that does not justify as a reason to now make it legal. Legalization will give easier access, it also gives a green light to the people who would not currently use it because of its current status of being illegal. Adding more ways to inhibits ones abilities to do normal everyday task's helps no one, all it will do is cause more innocent people to be hurt and killed by users who are unable to control their use of these mind altering substances. Marijuana does not have a single benefit to society as a recreational substance, everything associated with it is negative.

Good luck, Tony
post #18 of 66 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 01:58 PM

We are addressing the little guy in the chain here. There are those at the top of the chain who are getting very rich. Just because there is an alcohol problem does not justify legalizing yet another drug with it's problems.
BRN2RUN and Tony300wby like this.
post #19 of 66 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 02:24 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

shifty,

Your claims of my inaccuracies might get you a 5 star rating on the high times web site, but there was not a single inaccuracy in anything I wrote.

Its funny how you try and justify legalizing marijuana use with statements like "it is healthier than tobacco", "it is safer than alcohol", " it will slightly change brain", chemistry", "will return to normal within a few days of stopping use". Yet you were not able to list one single positive thing marijuana provides our society, only ways it is just as bad or not quit as bad as other mind altering products.

The funniest part is how you try and justify it by only looking at its physical effects on the user. Personally I dont care if the user gets cancer or their brain cells explode. I care when it effects me, my family, my friends, and any other innocent victim that is unlucky enough to be hurt or killed by someone who is inhibited by the drugs use.

Good luck, Tony
Born2Hunt, BRN2RUN and bad primer like this.
post #20 of 66 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 05:08 PM

Tony ever do any research on cannabis for veterans and PTSD? How bout easing the effects of cancer? It's a benefit when thousand of veterans with chronic pain are allowed to use medical marijuana instead of VA prescribed opiates. That's a benefit to society. I"m not talking about High Times or anything, I'm talking Harvard and other research based efforts. Your points would be valid if you were talking about alcohol.

Wherever somebody’s strugglin’ to be free,
Look in their eyes ma you’ll see me.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page