LAPD Kill homeless man for no reason - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-03-2015, 12:42 PM Thread Starter

LAPD Kill homeless man for no reason

check this out

http://news.yahoo.com/video-shows-lo...060031475.html

see if the cops have a reason to do what they did, I don't think they had any reason to do this...NONE

that many officers on one man and they cant subdue him, they need to be trained on how to take a subject to the ground. its called a 5 man stack.

first man takes the torso, second man goes high left, third man goes high right (that controls both arms) 4th man goes low left, 5th man goes low right. now they have both legs as well, end of fight.

works equally as well with 3 officers, they just take different limbs and take him to the ground. they were also using a taser. it appears they tossed their training out the window and just started to street fight with this man. they apparently forgot all about situational awareness and weapon retention. the one person in the background picked up the officers baton and was about to use it against them when that person got tackled by other Officers.

were they dropping weapons all over the place? what the [censored] were they thinking?

something's wrong and its the Officers and their training or lack of training.

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
go here click on the pink square, beat breast cancer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-03-2015, 12:55 PM
Frequent Contributor

Re: LAPD Kill homeless man for no reason

The video wouldn't load for me but the story said he grabbed for a cops gun. Is that not a good reason? I would think so.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-03-2015, 02:08 PM

bohunr were you ever in one of those streetfights with a large crazed person.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-03-2015, 02:39 PM

The dude got the cop's gun and there was a struggle for it. One round was ejected and another was stove-piped. They weren't "dropping guns everywhere". Tasers also don't always work and there are people who can fight through the cycles. I've never heard of a "5 man stack" and have no idea where you came up with that. That might be effective in a cell extraction situation but when they do that, there is also someone pinning the guy to the wall with a stun shield. I didn't see any walls or stun shields in that video.

I don't have ducks. I don't have rows. I have squirrels. And they're drunk.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-03-2015, 02:40 PM
Sage

Quote:
5 man stack
I thought that's what you ordered at IHOP.

Itís funny until somebody gets hurt, then itís hilarious
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-03-2015, 02:44 PM

I don't have ducks. I don't have rows. I have squirrels. And they're drunk.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-03-2015, 03:41 PM

I have noticed in recent videos and some news report pictures, one of the cops usually has the person's head on the sidewalk with the cops knee and weight on top the head.

Lets see, a guy has done nothing and suddenly a group of cops are using the beat down on him with batons, does he fear for his life and at least try to defend himself?

There are dozens of videos on Youtube showing cops going postal over minor delays in failing to heed their instructions. One local township had to pay through the nose for cops beginning the beating less than a second after the command and while the victim is still trying to figure out why the cops are on him. Judge ruled not sufficient time for the guy to mentally process the cop's command and even try to comply.

As for the skid row video, near the beginning of the one I watched, it seemed like the "victim" took a wild swing at one officer, spinning nearly all the way round, before the cops took him down. One or two of the officers had a body camera that hopefully clears it up.

My experience however, is that the dash cameras were out of commission, it seems whenever, the subject is adamant that the arrest didn't happen like the officer says.

What kills me are the ones where the subject is given conflicting commands by two officers on the scene and then accused of resisting because he can't comply with both at the same time.

One of the videos is so classic though, you here the cops conferring about what just happened and then "oh Sh.., the video is still on"
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-03-2015, 04:00 PM
The Man

They said they stopped rolling the video because they can't show someone dying on the air. So how can anyone make an assumption from that.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-03-2015, 04:29 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt rudy
bohunr were you ever in one of those streetfights with a large crazed person.
not on the street. but I was in plenty of those situations as a correctional officer for 33 years. fought with much bigger guys both sane and mentally ill.

some armed some not (no guns) excessive force was never used, no one died from positional asphyxia either, actually no one died but sometimes we had to go to the hospital.

post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-03-2015, 04:32 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkhunter
They said they stopped rolling the video because they can't show someone dying on the air. So how can anyone make an assumption from that.
the video on facebook wasn't edited. it showed everything including where the officers fired the shots while the man was on the ground. i'll try to find the unedited version.

buckethead,

never said they were dropping guns everywhere, I said "weapons". first they lost a baton and almost got attacked with that, then they supposedly lost control of a gun and 3 officers decided that shooting the man was the right thing to do.

I don't and wont buy it. but I will check IHop for the 5 man stack, sounds good

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page