I hate the Postal Service! - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-21-2015, 05:11 PM Thread Starter

I hate the Postal Service!

Tracking a new bow, package scan results says "Departed Lehigh Valley 4:34 AM", which is about 30 miles from my home in Jim Thorpe. Never arrived at the post office, no new scans as of 1 PM. So where the he77 is it??

Thank God I'm an American, and not a democrat!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-21-2015, 05:15 PM
Sage

Re: I hate the Postal Service!

It's in the mail!!!

Itís funny until somebody gets hurt, then itís hilarious
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-21-2015, 05:27 PM
atr
Banned

Prolly get it Monday
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-21-2015, 05:40 PM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourner66
Tracking a new bow, package scan results says "Departed Lehigh Valley 4:34 AM", which is about 30 miles from my home in Jim Thorpe. Never arrived at the post office, no new scans as of 1 PM. So where the he77 is it??
Probably still in Lehigh Valley. Keep an eye to see if they change the scan to another day/time. I watched Harrisburg do the same on a priority package of mine 3 consecutive days. Arrival and departing scan kept changing. All I can figure is, it hides the fact it isn't moving, for one reason or another (weather, staffing, truck room/schedules ,ect) from monitoring of movement goals.

UPS is no better. I had one shipped with them that was scanned "out for delivery" 4 consecutive days.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-21-2015, 07:25 PM
The Man

Local postmaster calls Warrendale the black hole

For those who fought for it, Life has a flavor the protected will never know.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-21-2015, 08:00 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I ordered a bed cover for my truck November of 2013. UPS said they delivered package to my front door. I called and said there is no package. They said they will send the driver back out tomorrow to confirm they dropped at the right house. I was fine with that because I had off the next day. All day goes by nobody shows up not a knock on the door. I call them back at 4:30 and tell them nobody showed up. They said there driver was there knocking on the door nobody answered. I called hogwash I was home all day. Obliviously he dropped package off at wrong house and went to the same wrong house to check and that is why I don't have my package. Now keep in mind a bed cover for a truck comes in a box 6ft long by 4 ft wide. They asked me if I checked by the back door that I just probably missed it. How can I miss something that big. I filed a compliant and a lost package form with them. I called the company I bought it from they said nothing I can do I have to deal with UPS. UPS says I will have to try and get another one from where I bought it from because it is not their fault they left it at my house. I come home one day in May of 2014 to a huge box on my porch with a hand written note from UPS on it saying sorry about my package It has been at the hub for all this time. That is the absolute last time I will ever use UPS for anything.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-21-2015, 09:37 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I don't get excited until it says(Out For Delivery). If it does not arrive that day or the next I will make a phone call.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-22-2015, 10:27 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly Maple
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourner66
Probably still in Lehigh Valley. Keep an eye to see if they change the scan to another day/time. I watched Harrisburg do the same on a priority package of mine 3 consecutive days. Arrival and departing scan kept changing. All I can figure is, it hides the fact it isn't moving, for one reason or another (weather, staffing, truck room/schedules ,ect) from monitoring of movement goals.

UPS is no better. I had one shipped with them that was scanned "out for delivery" 4 consecutive days.
Then they're lying. About 2 weeks ago they lost another one for me, a Makita drill battery. Their scans showed it arrived in their office in the AM, and got shipped back out in the PM! And nobody has seen it since.

Thank God I'm an American, and not a democrat!
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-22-2015, 10:37 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Redneck
Local postmaster calls Warrendale the black hole
My dad has worked at Warrendale for over 25 years....it has really gone down hill. They are way understaffed but don't want to pay for new employees. All they end up getting is temps. I worked there a few times in between school and what-not and there are a lot of hard working people and also a handful that love taking advantage of their amazing UNION. I am not anti-union but there are guys there that literally show up, sign up for all of the over time they can get and hide in little areas and watch movies and listen to the radio all night when they aren't outside smoking a cigarette. They get in trouble but the union saves their jobs over and over again.

But like I said, lots of good and plenty of bad too!

You want me to put my ear to the ground? Listen for hoof beats? Look for broken twigs?
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-22-2015, 12:51 PM

I have simple solution for all.Shop in actual store not on the internet.Your products are in hand when you leave.The online retailer will not service your product.The brick and mortar will.Buy a product online?Want warranty service?Do you think the brick and mortar cares.Back of the line.

Bob Seger,till it shines.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page