The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

What cars possess the most annoying drivers?

2K views 25 replies 24 participants last post by  rancher00 
#1 ·
Today I was trying to merge onto I-81, there was no traffic. As I was merging, an Acura TL would not move into the wide open left lane as I was trying to get into the right and it triggered me to make this poll. Tell me what you guys think!

#4 ·
You do know it is not the responsibility for someone already on a road you are trying to merge on to move over for you, it is the responsibility of the merging vehicle to adjust their speed to the traffic to merge. That said, I will move over if I think it is safe. What is really anoying and dangerous are those comming down the ramp at a high speed expecting those already on the road to hit their brakes so they can cut in ahead of them.

#7 ·
The Great Orator said:
I hate all these kids who have these small imports and put fart cans on where the muffler should be, then think they are in a racing movie, dodging in and out of traffic.
I'm right there with you. Same thing with the crotch rockets. Even some Harley riders that think the road is theirs. On a bike you will almost always loose to something on 4 wheels. I rode for as long as I can remember until I had children. Several buddies got pretty beat up in accidents and the amount of property damage was unbelievable.

I was on the fall foliage ride about 4 or 5 years ago from Shaffers Harley Davidson. A couple with children was cut off by a conversion van and I know the man lost his life and the woman lived with some substantial permanent injuries.

#8 ·
The Great Orator said:
I hate all these kids who have these small imports and put fart cans on where the muffler should be, then think they are in a racing movie, dodging in and out of traffic.
Agree 100% ! I rate the the Fart Can cars right up there with the Crotch Rocket sport bikers . Exp : One of our young coworkers brought in a video ( taken with a GO Pro camera strapped to his helmet ) of himself on his sport bike going 145 mph in a 45 mph zone on a 2 lane stretch of highway here in Butler . I can only imagine a parent with a car full of kids pulling out onto this highway thinking that it was clear when they looked both ways 2 seconds ago . At that speed , I wonder if he'd even have time to choose between the car or the guardrail as his choice of suicide ?

#9 ·
Agreed.Nothing irritates me more than a kid with his hat cocked sideways,driving a neon with a weed wacker muffler.That and crotch rockets are at the top of my list.I'm not one for road rage incidents but I've had a couple developmental interviews with kids on crotch rockets and in those stupid cars.

#10 ·
The Great Orator said:
one of my brothers friends a while back bought a 2 year old honda s-2000 and put about another 15k in it via a ridiculous engine, turbos, computers, etc.... that little car had over 700hp and would burn about anything i have seen. i encountered him on the road once and couldnt figure out how he wasn't dead yet. pennsylvania roads are not made to go fast on. this isnt the desert.

#11 ·
Audi's, of any model!!

The Germans are pretty well noted as being tailgaters. But when I look in my mirror and see someone riding particularly close to my bumper, 9 out of 10 times it's someone in an Audi. Usually I don't care, pretty sure they're going to be more upset at the damage to their car than I will be for the damage to my truck's bumper.

#20 ·
I voted motorcycles. I never used to have anything against them. But the past few years, it seems more and more bikers just insist on riding the center line or very close to it. So close that I have run off my side of the road several times to avoid an accident. I just don't understand it. Why would anyone on a bike tempt fate by riding tight on the center line??? All you need is one distracted drive and you will have ridden the center line for the last time. And then all the bikers cry for respect on the road. Getting respect begins with giving it and you don't give respect to other drivers when you crowd that center line so hard. Move over!!! Rant over.

#24 ·
4x4dad said:
The Great Orator said:
Agree 100% ! I rate the the Fart Can cars right up there with the Crotch Rocket sport bikers . Exp : One of our young coworkers brought in a video ( taken with a GO Pro camera strapped to his helmet ) of himself on his sport bike going 145 mph in a 45 mph zone on a 2 lane stretch of highway here in Butler . I can only imagine a parent with a car full of kids pulling out onto this highway thinking that it was clear when they looked both ways 2 seconds ago . At that speed , I wonder if he'd even have time to choose between the car or the guardrail as his choice of suicide ?
I live on a rural state route, 50 mph speed limit, and the crotch rocket senerio your described is one of my fears. They go by my driveway at well over 100 mph often. It scares the heck outa me that one day myself or wife will be exiting the driveway, not see one coming at that speed, and have it collide with us.

#26 ·
Since there was no "all of the above category," I voted motorcycles. That said I don't think it matters too much what they are driving.

Had an F-250 coming at me head on in a 55 mph zone attempting a double pass in a no passing zone. That kinda stuff just makes my blood boil. They show no respect for any other human life on the road!

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.