Anyone reloading .410's? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-25-2013, 12:43 PM Thread Starter

Anyone reloading .410's?

About a year ago I picked up a Stoeger SxS .410(don't start, I like the Stoegers and it was the only .410 I could afford). Since then I started doing some sporting clays shooting and I really like that .410 on the sub-gauge course. Trouble I'm having is finding a reliable source for ammo, or at least ammo that doesn't cost $15+ a box.

I have loaded 12 and 20 gauge for about 20 years, but never even looked at .410. I've had a few people tell me they are a pain to load. This coupled with the cost of new Mec loaders(dang it must have been a while since I looked at them last one I bought was $90 ) has me questioning if I should load them or just keep my eyes out for the next inexpensive shells I can find and buy a few cases of them.

Thoughts?

Remember, shoot straight and shoot often.
Good... Bad... I'm the guy with the gun.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-28-2013, 11:05 PM

Re: Anyone reloading .410's?

Walmart has AA and the premium Remington load (sps?) For 12.99. Gorenflo had estate 3" 6 for same price.

In all honesty though, reloading for the .410 has the greatest margin for saving money. Its barely worth it in 12 or 20.

Lake Effect Beagles
Remmy/Winnie/Queenie/Nellie/YooHoo/Bernice/Lucy
V.P. Presque Isle Beagle club
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-13-2014, 01:16 AM
Frequent Contributor

Re: Anyone reloading .410's?

I've reloaded shot shells for 44 years and the 410 for 30 plus of them. I have used the Mec 600 up to the Hydraulic Mec 9000H. It is as easy as any other shell. Has its quirks like other shells do. The price of the press is minimal because you can load premium shells and save a $11 or more per box. With shot selling for around $38 a bag it is nice to get 800 loads from one.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page