Citori - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-11-2010, 11:40 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Citori

For some unknown reason, I have always wanted a Citori. Never owned an O/U, don't really need it. My 870 Express has served me well for 15 years, taking just about every legal game animal in PA (no bear or yotes, but I ain't done hunting with it yet!)

Today, I got the Cabelas ad, and they have a Citori Satin Hunter model for $999, with a $150 rebate. Add in the $150 cash card I have from Cabelas, and it is like $699. Seems like a fantastic bargain.

Any likes/dislikes to share about the Citori Satin Hunter? I know that I should try a bunch of different models, see what fits, etc, etc, but I have always wanted one of these, and the deal seems unbeatable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-11-2010, 11:48 PM

Re: Citori

I don't Know about Satin Hunter but I have a Citori White Lightning 20 and love it. Shoot clays ,dove, grouse, pheasants ,quail and chucker. Like I said I love it!!
Smage
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-12-2010, 12:27 AM
The Man

I have loved all the citori's that I have owned or shot. They are great guns!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-12-2010, 11:58 AM

Larry, just my 2 cents. Citori shotguns are the only guns that beat the snot out of me. I had a Sporting Clays and another one, the model of which I can't recall, and I could not shoot either of them. after 2 shots they both raised a welt on my cheek that was on only surpassed by the one Becky Lynn Barkhamer put there when I was 14. I even had a soft comb put on my Sporting Clays and in cool weather I got a brused cheek. Shoot them, or similar models, before putting down any money.

Good night Chesty, wherever you are......
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-12-2010, 12:11 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Hmmm.. not sure what is happening to jimsdad, but I shoot my Citori all day long in comfort. I typically shoot at least 100 targets a day at the sporting clay range...

I am a shotgun addict. I love them. I have more than I need but not all that I want.. The Browning is my favorite O/U.

Best regards, Glenn

Ain't no such thing as a "couldahad" with the bow"
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-12-2010, 12:29 PM

Glenn - it's a real puzzlement and I have had guys, experienced trap / skeet shooters too, watch my shooting form, gun hold and check if I am raising my face off the stock when the "bang" happens. No soap. And even with trap loads I get such a welt under my right eye that I have to stop shooting. One guy suggested that because I have a reputation as being tight with money that I am physically and menatally incapable of shooting expensive guns. Could be some truth in that

Good night Chesty, wherever you are......
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-12-2010, 01:31 PM

I'd say that's a good deal. If it fits you get it. My preference is beretta because they tend to be a litle lighter and fit me better. The receiver is not as blocky as a citori. But if the browning fit me better I would not hesitate.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-12-2010, 01:43 PM
Frequent Contributor

There is no such thing as a "good deal" on a shotgun that does not fit you. If you want to buy it then buy it. As long as you do not expect to shoot it well if it does not fit. Pretty Simple.

Personaly I never cared for the Citori's. But then I never really found one that fit me right. In the Citori price range I prefer the SKB. The SKB can be had in a top lock which is a stronger action.

And if I go with a bottom lock like the Citori then I like the Beretta 686. I think they are a better made stack barrel. And thet fit me better. Tom.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-12-2010, 02:14 PM

Not familiar with that model but in general Citori's are great shotguns for the money and the deal you have there is terrific. I have had a couple field grade citori's and while quality guns - I just could not shoot them well for some reason. Recently traded a field grade for a grand prix sporting and waht a difference - I shoot trap with it and just smoke targets, actually do better with this gun than my Beretta trap gun. Bottom line though is any Citori, especially new, for under $1000 is a great buy.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-12-2010, 02:28 PM
Frequent Contributor

I have never heard of the Satin Hunter. So you peaked my curiosity. So I looked it up. It appears to be a duck gun. With the big recoil pad. Are you wanting a 3-1/2" chambered duck gun?? Tom.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page