moosberg 695 boltaction 12gage - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 01:00 AM Thread Starter

moosberg 695 boltaction 12gage

A couple of the places I hunt has got houses like 200 to 350 yards away from my stand set ups. So I dont feel very comfurtable shooting a rifle in these areas. So was lookin at this shot gun it feels very well to me when shouldering it. How are theses guns knowin to shoot any input will be abig help thanks in advance?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 01:05 AM
Frequent Contributor

Re: moosberg 695 boltaction 12gage

I have a Savage 210F very similar gun. Mine is super accurate and I think is a great slug gun for a person that is mainly a rifle hunter. the bolt slug functions the same as a bolt rifle

"The only senseless killing, would be the killing of me"
-Matthew Zerby
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 01:33 AM
Banned

same as fjp110
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 11:15 AM

Mine shoots the buckhammers, lightfields and hastings slugs to the same point of impact. I have other slug guns but this one is the one I take out.
Myself and another huntin buddy of mine never had any luck with grouping the Hornady SST's, but I've heard other 695'ers saying their gun loves them.
My personal experience is the 1 1/4 oz sabots shoot very well.

‎"When the mind fails to comprehend, the body must be punished" -3rd Battalion,Parris Island
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 11:36 AM

I have one of these and am very pleased with the groups that I get. Trigger was a little rough, but I had that fixed. Had a problem with good feeding as the clip would not feed the shells up smoothly. I called Mossberg, and they had me send the clip back, and they returned a new one that feeds well. Be aware that some folks have had a problem with accicentially tripping the magazine release (maybe in the brush?) and loosing their clip. I feed mine Winchester sabots, the platinum tips. Have not tried others as the Winchesters worked well.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farflung
I have one of these and am very pleased with the groups that I get. Trigger was a little rough, but I had that fixed. Had a problem with good feeding as the clip would not feed the shells up smoothly. I called Mossberg, and they had me send the clip back, and they returned a new one that feeds well. Be aware that some folks have had a problem with accicentially tripping the magazine release (maybe in the brush?) and loosing their clip. I feed mine Winchester sabots, the platinum tips. Have not tried others as the Winchesters worked well.
What did you have done to improve the trigger??, would love to make mine better.

‎"When the mind fails to comprehend, the body must be punished" -3rd Battalion,Parris Island
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-04-2010, 11:37 AM

not sure, had a gunsmith smooth it up. Seems to be the same poundage of trigger pull, but not as "raspy". For all I know, he dissasembled it, cleaned it and lubed it. I'm guessing he honed the sear?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page