Commercial Ranges ever use them? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-12-2010, 10:28 PM Thread Starter
The Man

Commercial Ranges ever use them?

Saw one on vacation while in the Poconos. Also know of one in the city of York, Pa.. Also visited a gun shop at Myrtle Beach, SC.

Are they expensive? I never used any. You get to use there guns too... However they would be good if you wanted to try certain type pistol or long guns if allowed before you purchased one.. Then it would be worth the money to try a Glock, or a 1911, etc etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-14-2010, 07:05 PM

Re: Commercial Ranges ever use them?

There's a place where I live that will let you go shoot autos at their range. Last time I heard it was around 20-30 bucks a clip.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-14-2010, 07:08 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Anthony's near the allegheny county airport has a nice indoor range...prices aren't too bad. they have plenty of hardware to try out too. first time i ever played with a GP100 throwing 38spl, that was an absolute pleasure to shoot.

Feral Cats are God's version of Ballistic Gelatin. - anonymous from another forum
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-15-2010, 01:31 PM

The one in York is actually in West York on Market Street. Never been inside, but heard it's neat to shoot there.

Also, there is a REALLY nice one in Southern York County called, Freedom Armory, not too far off I-83: http://www.freedomarmory.com
You can rent all types of handguns there. It is a good idea to do exactly what you're thinking, test before buying. I wish I had done that for my wife. I bought her a S&W Sigma .40 cal. She had it in her mind she wanted something big, well she got it ...... and hated it. She only owned it 6 months.

Good Luck!

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #3333FF">Atlantic Flyway</span></span>
Member:
~ NRA
~ York Riflemen
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-18-2010, 03:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weimer
The one in York is actually in West York on Market Street. Never been inside, but heard it's neat to shoot there.
Is that the one by Chet Pattersons?

Also, while in flight school in Pensacola, I used to go to a gun shop that had a range indoors. Would pay xx for the range time, xx to rent a gun, and xx for ammo.

The x's really added up quickly, but I needed my gun fix!!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-18-2010, 03:23 AM Thread Starter
The Man

X that be Algebra problem to solve?
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-18-2010, 10:23 AM
Sage

I purchased a nice used SIG in 40 cal yesterday and got to test it out at the indoor range on site. It was the first time I ever shot indoors. It was a cool experience but kind of tough to relax. That is more my own issue though. I generally shoot alone or with folks I know who have some gun experience. And not to say stuff won't happen even with folks you're comfortable with, I generally am more at ease with the surroundings.

#MAGA..."Mexican's Always Get Across"
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-18-2010, 10:40 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle buck
X that be Algebra problem to solve?
yes, in this case X = Lots of $$$$
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-20-2010, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Is that the one by Chet Pattersons?
Yep, that's the place: http://www.westyorksportinggoods.com

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #3333FF">Atlantic Flyway</span></span>
Member:
~ NRA
~ York Riflemen
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-23-2010, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle buck
Saw one on vacation while in the Poconos. Also know of one in the city of York, Pa.. Also visited a gun shop at Myrtle Beach, SC.

Are they expensive? I never used any. You get to use there guns too... However they would be good if you wanted to try certain type pistol or long guns if allowed before you purchased one.. Then it would be worth the money to try a Glock, or a 1911, etc etc.
Was the one in the Poconos called Sunset Hill? If so I would pass on them. Range only goes out to 30yds, and they have to many fees. I used to go there alot, but then they took down the longer range targets, then they started to require a $15 safety briefing (which was a joke the instructor said show me how to clear the gun, I did it then he said "you know what you are doing" and that was it. Last time I went they said we dont have you on file for the safety briefing so you have to take another, then they added a $10 yearly membership fee. I told them no way would I pay that to shoot at their junky range- $10 range fee + $10 membership fee + $15 safety briefing (again) + $5 or 10 to shoot at the pistol range and then a $10 deposit in case you shoot the close line. This place is a joke...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page