.40 S&W ammo - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-27-2013, 08:32 PM Thread Starter
Sage

.40 S&W ammo

I needed some fmj. 40 S&W ammo to qualify tomorrow. I went to Kinseys, the handgun ammo shelves were pretty bare. They had a couple of boxes of 20 hollow point .40 S&W but no fmj. They also had a 3 box limit on ammo. I left and went to the trop, their shelves weren't much better than Kinseys and they had a 2 box limit. I found two boxes of 50 fmj , the last two on the shelf and bought both, if there had been more I would have bought more. This hoarding of ammo is good for the manufacturers but it stinks for gun owners.

When you are up to your butt in alligators, it is hard to remember your intent was to drain the swamp. Stay focused!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-27-2013, 08:43 PM

Re: .40 S&W ammo

It is tough...22 ammo is surprisingly the worst from what I've seen....

I saw guys standing by the ammo shelf at Walmart last week...I walked by...saw it was empty so I kept walking...one guy was at the counter buying an AR..

Continued my shopping and saw lots of mark downs....I went back thinking maybe guns were marked down...I better look! I go back...sales person gone...no one in line etc...but those guys were still standing by the ammo! My best guess is they were waiting for ammo! I've worked at Walmart... I know stock doesn't hit shelves till 9-11pm at about the earliest....it was 4-5 pm when I was there! Just crazy!

If the hoarding would stop supplies would go back to normal.....but I guess if you can buy a brick of 22 ammo for 20$ at Walmart and sell it for 100$ on gun broker and can buy 3 bricks each trip...well you'd be doing alright!
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-27-2013, 08:49 PM
Frequent Contributor

Send a message via AIM to 41 MagFan

John do you still need 40 ammo?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-27-2013, 09:10 PM Thread Starter
Sage

I am ok for now thanks, I carry hollow point ammo but for qualification I use les expensive ammo, fmj. Thank you for asking.

When you are up to your butt in alligators, it is hard to remember your intent was to drain the swamp. Stay focused!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-27-2013, 09:14 PM
Frequent Contributor

Send a message via AIM to 41 MagFan

ok if you need some I have a case of 40 fmj i bought before I had a problem with my high power. Bought it before everything happened so if you need a box or two let me know.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-27-2013, 09:31 PM Thread Starter
Sage

Will do, thanks.

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-28-2013, 01:15 AM

I have plenty of 40 cal fmj ammo if you need it. how much do you need? I can spare at least 100 rounds
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-28-2013, 08:38 PM Thread Starter
Sage

Thanks much for the offer, I qualified today, I needed 50 rds for that and I found 2 boxes of 50fmj and bought both. I will be checking the stores periodically and stocking up a little. Thanks for your generous offer.

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-28-2013, 11:53 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

John I have some 40 cal ball ammo here. I will be back in Hershey on the 8th if you need let me know..

Don't Gobble at me...
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-29-2013, 10:41 AM Thread Starter
Sage

Thanks to all.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page