got 2 sxs - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-18-2010, 04:31 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

got 2 sxs

was wondering if anyone has any info on these 2 side by sides i got first is a stevens model 311 series h in 12 ga. The second is a western armms corp. (Ithaca NY )in 16 ga. both are in great shape was just wondering if there worth anything or not not intrested in selling just looking for info thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-18-2010, 04:59 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Re: got 2 sxs

Go to gunbroker.com and search under shotguns SXS and enter the info you have on each gun. A list of those guns will appear and you can see the prices for starting bids, buy now, and evaluate further by those that have bids made on them. Use only those that are specific to the guns you have as elements such as gauge or condition factor signifacantly. Remember a starting bid of $500. means little without a bid.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-18-2010, 11:20 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

thanks for the info truk found the stevens on there for 575 not bad for an 80 dollar investment lol cant find anything on the ithaca yet
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-19-2010, 11:38 AM
Sage

Western Arms were sold by Mongemery Ward, they were made by Ithica especially for them. They are good utilitarian guns but not top of the line and not a gun that has much value except for using in the field. Probably not worth more than $250. to $300.00 if that.

When you are up to your butt in alligators, it is hard to remember your intent was to drain the swamp. Stay focused!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-20-2010, 06:08 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Well the Stevens certainly shouldn't be worth anything more than the Western Arms. Someone might be willing to pay $500 or more. Best of luck to you to find someone.

Doubles had been selling for rediculous prices on utilitarian hardware store variety guns. They have since cooled somewhat. They also pushed up the prices on the japanese and spanish doubles. 30 year old ugartecheas and skb's are selling for nearly what a new one would cost.

You just gotta find the right guy and get him to pay before he comes to his senses.

The deer didn't disappear.... the 250,000 guys who used to walk around and make the deer move did.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-20-2010, 09:02 PM

What John said. I have one my pap gave me when I was 12. I'm betting yours has "long range gun" stamped on the right barrell. Its choked mod/full and in excellent condition it may be worth around $350 tops. I love mine. First because it was my Paps and second, I killed a bunch of game with it over the years. I still break it out once a year and pheasant hunt with it.

I don't have ducks. I don't have rows. I have squirrels. And they're drunk.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page