Stoeger Condor - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-03-2010, 11:26 PM Thread Starter
New Arrival

Stoeger Condor

Hi guys I dont have to many post on here yet but i have been talking to my dad about buying a new shotgun for hunting and sporting clays both.I would like to get the stoger condor. I shoot sporting clays every now n again i shot on a team with rock mountain last year and plan to for the next two years untill i graduate. but i realy like the look of this gun and it fits in to my price budget (workin at a grocery store i dont make to much) I called a gun shop close to us and he can get me out the door for 325 i realy like the gun amd was wandering if anyone else has the gun and how they like it.

Devin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-03-2010, 11:35 PM
The Man

Re: Stoeger Condor

ive had one for since about 1991 or so, i like it. never had any problems at all. but ive heard of a few having a problem kicking the safety back on after the first shot.

dont know if that issue was ever fixed

NRA,UBP,DU,DELTA

post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-04-2010, 12:18 AM

i have on also and love it!! had it for +/- 7 yrs and never had a prob. the finish isnt gonna hold up like a higher priced gun, but then again for the price you dont have to worry about "babbying" it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-04-2010, 12:22 AM

Did you consider looking into used guns? You should be able to get a decent autoloader of better quality than the Stoger for about the same price. You do not need an O/U for clays. Just a thought I figured I'd throw out there.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-04-2010, 12:23 AM
Frequent Contributor

there's a lanber in the for sale column -- 400 bucks with no dickering - -look at the wood -- if in good shape, this would hold up to the rigors of sporting clays for a while should you get into it.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-04-2010, 12:25 AM Thread Starter
New Arrival

I know that i dont need and o/u but i rele would like one i am not a big fan of semis and i already have a pump (not good for simos lol) I have shot semis but rele like overand unders and i wouldnt mind a used shoutgun but i realy would like to shoot it first and look at the guns in person i have been looking on here and i think me and dad are going to go to a couple gun shops to look thanks for the input but any more is helpful

Devin
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-04-2010, 12:30 AM
Frequent Contributor

there are a lot of guns out there that will hold up well for hunting use - may be a bit rough around the edges, but for hunting, they may last a lifetime.

Enter a shooting game shooting 100 rounds a clip - even just 10 times a year = 1000 rounds which is more than a lot of hunting guns ever get shot. You need something a bit more put together than the average bear.

You have the right track - go around, see what fits - get something quality. I've seen a lot of beretta's and brownings in th 600 range - they're rare, but do happen.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-04-2010, 12:30 AM Thread Starter
New Arrival

is a lanber any good and has anyone shot one of these lol i am so back and forth i want to amke a good descison

Devin
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-04-2010, 12:35 AM
Frequent Contributor

https://www.huntingpa.com/forums/ubbt...25#Post1648425

Here's the link to the FS ad.

If you want to research shotguns - there's another site - google shotgunworld. You'll find more info on that site than you can read. There's even a forum on there for lanber lovers -- I research any shotgun there, and...they have a for sale column too.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-04-2010, 12:06 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

My son shoots for the Factoryville Sportsmens Club Team and uses a Stoeger STF 3000 20 GA over/under. Has about 2000 rounds through it. Had it worked on for the safty and upper firing pin after I got it. It does shoot farely well. I would shop around for a used better quility shotgun. I found his youth model to also be a lot heavier then my Remington Primier. But the recoil is a lot less with his. Looking at the Mossberg over/unders at Gander around 500.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page