Help finding a value on a Beretta SxS (added pics) - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-09-2012, 07:17 PM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

Help finding a value on a Beretta SxS (added pics)

Hey guys I am trying to help a family member price a shotgun. It is a side by side .410. It has 2 hammers and breaks down into two pieces. The gun is in a box that says Grand European inside it, however I'm not sure if this is the original box. The gun has an engraved picture of a what I believe is a grouse on the sides of it. The only thing written on this gun is- Beretta, Italy on one side and P. Beretta on the other. I was just wondering if any of you have beretta's or know of any site that I could go to that could help give some idea of what this gun would be worth. I went to the beretta internationational sight but couldn't find it there. The closest thing to what this gun looks like on their site was the "Diana" model and it said that it only came in 12g and 20g, this gun doesn't have a gauge stamped on it but just looking at the diameter of the barrels it looks like a .410. If anyone can help I appreciate it. I will try and get pics up when I can. Thanks guys.

Molon Labe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-09-2012, 07:29 PM
Sage

Re: Help finding a value on a Beretta SxS

If the case says Grand European on it, it is probably a Winchester case. There are many dealers of fine double barreled shotguns on the Internet. Look them up and contact one or two and ask them to ID the gun. It would be highly unusual for a gun not to have a gauge stamp somewhere on it, did you look under the fore stock on the barrels?

When you are up to your butt in alligators, it is hard to remember your intent was to drain the swamp. Stay focused!
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-09-2012, 08:47 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

We could solve it here with a good picture or two. Look for a stamped 36 somewhere on it. If its older, they went by the gauge, which for a .410 is about 36. They had a very popular line of those imported from about 1930 to the mid fifties. They also made them in 28 and 32 gauge, so measure if you can and let us know.

"Be nice, until its time to not be nice" (Patrick Swayze...Roadhouse)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-10-2012, 12:30 AM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

John, the gentleman that had the gun prior worked for winchester so he probably put it in a winchester box. (good catch). I will have my family member look under the foreend and let me know if there is a number under there, thanks again.

Molon Labe
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-10-2012, 12:31 AM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

Joe, I'm working the next several days but I have pics I will try to get them up as soon as I can. Thanks for the help.

Molon Labe
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-10-2012, 10:39 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Does is fold in half? Beretta at one time made a cheap side by side that folded completely in half.

The deer didn't disappear.... the 250,000 guys who used to walk around and make the deer move did.
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-11-2012, 02:09 AM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

No, it doesn't fold in half, It breaks down into two pieces, so I don't think its that one. I don't know how much its worth yet but it looks anything but cheap. It is a very pretty gun with nice engraving. I'm thinking it is an older beretta but I don't know how to find pics of older models or a site that has anything like it so far. when I looked on beretta's site the closest thing to it was the "Diana" model with double hammers you can pull back but like I said before this one is in I believe a .410 gauge. It looks like it would be a delight to carry throught the woods on a walk looking for grouse, then again its so pretty I don't think I would have the nerve to shoot it.

Molon Labe
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-11-2012, 12:18 PM
Sage

I will give you 200.00 for the gun and case sight unseen.

When you are up to your butt in alligators, it is hard to remember your intent was to drain the swamp. Stay focused!
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-11-2012, 10:18 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I think john forgot a " zero ". LOL ! I bet you have what they called a 'Stella", back in the day. Search the web for the keywords Beretta stella, or Beretta 401,402, 403. I bet you will find a match with that info.

"Be nice, until its time to not be nice" (Patrick Swayze...Roadhouse)
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-12-2012, 03:51 AM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

well John it will be for sale soon but I'm thinking the owner will want a little more than that.

Molon Labe

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page