Who likes or dislikes the Bond 45/410 derringers? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-15-2012, 09:50 PM Thread Starter
The Man

Who likes or dislikes the Bond 45/410 derringers?

Got me a Bond derringer in the 45/410 caliber... I must say I enjoy carrying it with me when i'm out hunting or just in the outdoors....It works great for dispatching predators (IMO 45 Colt the best for that ). It carries so nice in a holster. Like the nylon one for regular outdoors and the car jacking holster when i'm in the vehicle..also have a concealed holster for my pant pocket too.
Also if i want to change to the 22 WMR barrel it changes out in about 2 minutes. I have not yet tried the 22 WMR for dispatching predators but i'm sure it would work fine.
in addition to the 45 Long Colt ammo it shoots 410 slugs, 410 buckshot, 410 PDX loads, 45 LC snakeshot, and 410 2 1/2 and 3 inch shotgun shells 9 thru 4 shot.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-19-2012, 02:16 AM

Re: Who likes or dislikes the Bond 45/410 derringers?

Pretty sweet! I've always tossed around the idea of getting one.

"An early-morning walk is a blessing for the whole day." -Thoreau

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-19-2012, 12:03 PM

More practical than the judge imo. At least for those of us guys that still find the idea of a man purse reposive.
I still prefer a 357 with the first round being bird shot when hiking in the spring and summer. 1 round for no legged snakes and 5 more heavy rounds for the 2 legged snakes

P.S. The monkey really freaks DennyF out
If you stand in front of tanks the tanks are gonna win.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-20-2012, 01:44 AM Thread Starter
The Man

The best range to use it would be from point blank to 7 yards away...It's a derringer and is the last line of defense. Outstanding hand gun if someone tries to carjack you, or rob you. to rob you they have to come closer then 7 feet. Neat thing is they wouldn't even know what hit them if you pulled this out and shot them if your life was in jeopardy. Great for snakes too! again 7 feet to point blank..
If your going to be behind a rock and have to shoot it out with someone then No this gun is not for you.
Now just say you were up in a tree and a bear came up after you... Yep when he reaches the 7 foot mark on the tree he's dead.
When hunting I always have a long gun of course.. I also have a snubby 357 Mag I could carry with me or Model 27 357 Mag.
Like I said up above wow for a trapper the 22 WMR would work great for dispatching animals.. Me as a predator caller I have used it a few times to dispatch fox with my favorite 45 Long Colt... see you can't use the buckshot for dispatching because it's larger then # 4 buckshot. But 410 slugs and the 45 long colt work great. Most disappointing for dispatching animals is the regular 2 1/2 # 4 shot loads. Just liked the 45 Long colt just took one shot and that was it! Also seems like I take it everywhere too. So your going to get your money worth out of it! I did buy some 45 long Colt designated bear loads for it...You can shoot them in this gun!!!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-21-2012, 10:52 PM
Part of the Community

Missed one of these at an auction recently. It sure looked like fun, but a couple bidders wanted it more than me.

Find the time.....
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-24-2012, 08:43 PM Thread Starter
The Man

This is the Bond Snakeslayer IV...Might allow you to shoot a little farther according to this!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xByrKFWqdJ4

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page