Should I tell him too bad!!!! - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-28-2012, 05:54 PM Thread Starter

Should I tell him too bad!!!!

I tried to purchase a shotgun from a private seller in Iowa and when it arrived it was beat up from shipping. I just received this email from the seller after he finally got it back. Seems kinda arrogant to me. I dont feel I should be responsible for any costs associated with me not taking the shotgun. He thinks I should...heres his email.... Hi Chad,
>
> I finally received the Benelli. The cost of shipping was $25 and the cost of the FFL transfer was $50. These costs are directly a result of your refusal to take ownership of the gun. As such, you can reimburse this $75 via check or cash in the mail or paypal. If it is the former, I can provide a shipping address.

Thanks,
Alex

I think thats on him and his shipping company...thoughts...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-28-2012, 06:05 PM

Re: Should I tell him too bad!!!!

If it was beat up from shipping tell him to contact shipper. Not your problem! Maybe he needed to pack it better!

“If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere.”
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-28-2012, 06:16 PM

These costs are directly a result of your refusal to take ownership of the gun. As such, you can reimburse this $75 via check or cash in the mail or paypal. If it is the former, I can provide a shipping address.

I think thats on him and his shipping company...thoughts...

<span style="font-weight: bold"> Your refusal was because of the weapon being beat up from poor packaging and handling...It's his responsibility as the shipper to pack it properly and use a company that knows how to handle fragile items, NOT YOURS....You have every right to refuse.....

That guys is crazy for even asking......</span>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-30-2012, 11:06 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I would respond like this.

Dear Alex,

I am mailing you a check for the $75 dollars minus a fee of $75.50 for misrepresentation and wasting my time.

You can send me 2 quarters in an envelope to the listed address or we can use pay pal if you like. You have 30 days to get me this payment before the 100% daily interest rate begins.

Thank you.

The deer didn't disappear.... the 250,000 guys who used to walk around and make the deer move did.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-30-2012, 11:26 AM

I take it as he took 30 seconds to write that email. If you send him the $75 he loses nothing. if you don't he only loses an additional 30 seconds writing the email.

Don't send the money IMO

P.S. The monkey really freaks DennyF out
If you stand in front of tanks the tanks are gonna win.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-30-2012, 11:33 AM

Good reply.

Good night Chesty, wherever you are......
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-30-2012, 11:36 AM

This is not to start an argument but a question because I don't know what I would do in the situation.
How do you know that the damage was from shipping? Waas the shipping box damaged in a way that corresponds to damage on the gun? This guy may have shipped a gun that was already damaged with the intent of blaming it on the buyer. Not saying that this guy is a crook, but just asking a question.

Good night Chesty, wherever you are......
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-30-2012, 03:52 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighCountry66
I would respond like this.

Dear Alex,

I am mailing you a check for the $75 dollars minus a fee of $75.50 for misrepresentation and wasting my time.

You can send me 2 quarters in an envelope to the listed address or we can use pay pal if you like. You have 30 days to get me this payment before the 100% daily interest rate begins.

Thank you.
Ha, Thats great..... I was thinking the same thing about him sending the shotgun knowing it was beat up and trying to pawn it off on me. The box it came in was beat up and my dealer said who ever packed the thing needed smacked. I told him I would pay for shipping back so I will probably send him a check for $25 and tell him all other costs will have to be taken up with the shipper. I was kinda suprised when I got the email telling me I was responsible.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-01-2012, 03:49 PM

The mistake is his. He should have shipped it with enough insurance to cover a complete loss. I suppose if it was stolen then it would have been easier.

I just shipped a revolver with Fedex yesterday. They never even looked at it. Heck, they don't even know if what's in the case is a revolver or a rock. I thought that was kinda weird. They didn't right down the Serial # or anything.

So there is nothing to go on if the custom shop tells me it's so messed up it's a complete loss.

Big LSWC's rule
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-02-2012, 12:02 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

When you run your own business sometimes problems like this come up..If he stands behind his company then he would have not sent you that stupid email and would have filed a claim with the shipper...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page