Shipping guns = Bad Idea= Not sure what to do.... - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-25-2012, 04:09 AM Thread Starter

Shipping guns = Bad Idea= Not sure what to do....

Im convinced Ill never get a gun shipped again. I purchased a brand new Benelli Silver Montefeltro from Iowa but when I went to pick it up it got beat up badly in shipping.(yes it was in a hard case even) I declined it and sent it back. I then ordered a new Benelli Legacy from buds gun shop. I went down and picked it up and again the box it came in was beat up from shipping but it looked ok besides one little ding and what I thought was a scratch on the stock that I thought I could live with. I just got it out and was cleaning it and admiring it when I noticed the fore end stock has a crack in it. Not sure now if I should call benelli or buds gun shop. I know Buds will say I should have inspected it and I have a feeling Benelli will say its from shipping and not there fault. I havent even shot the gun yet. It cracked where the stock is extremely thin. Just my luck!!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-25-2012, 08:57 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Re: Shipping guns = Bad Idea= Not sure what to do....

I think Buds will stand behind you and get you a new one. Thats an internal crack, easy enough to miss. Stand your ground and tell them what you want done, matter of fact. I have found in these situations to be firm and loud from the get-go. Don't tuck your tail when you go in and ask them what can be done, go in strong and tell them what you want them to do, just keep it polite, you will get results.

"Be nice, until its time to not be nice" (Patrick Swayze...Roadhouse)
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-25-2012, 10:46 AM
Frequent Contributor

Who was the shipper? Ups? FedEx? I'm getting ready to ship a couple guns for the first time, and I'm a little concerned. Their 60-70 years old and you can't just call the factory and get replacement parts. I guess that's what insurance is for.

The Second Ammendment...
Its kind of a big deal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-25-2012, 11:01 AM
Hooked on HuntingPa

first of all, brittanyman, you have been extremely unlucky with your shipping. the majority of new firearms at retail level have had a ride with, fedex, ups, or usps, at least once. the majority arrive unscathed. there will always be a few bugs in the system. i have found that the worst damage comes from the freight companies hauling from the factory to the wholesaler/seller. the wholesaler doesn't open the box to inspect, but simply warehouses and re-ships. damage is not found until purchaser does the minute inspection. buds, due to their volume, will help dealing with the paperwork. don't take "no" for an answer at the customer service level. work up "the chain of command." fwiw
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-25-2012, 01:05 PM Thread Starter

The shipper was Fedex, I really hate shipping guns now. Unfortunately Buds told me its out of there hands once I signed for it. I contacted Benelli and although Im scared I have to ship the gun back to them so they can match the wood and inspect the gun. I was suprised though there paying for shipping to and from and said he would expedite everything since its brand new.(probably tell everyone that) They were very easy to deal with though.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-25-2012, 07:00 PM
Sage

They should be able to match the wood if you just sent them the fore stock and not the entire gun.

When you are up to your butt in alligators, it is hard to remember your intent was to drain the swamp. Stay focused!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-25-2012, 10:41 PM
Banned

There is a guy on another forum I belong to and he paid through the nose on Gunbroker to get a S&W Husqvarna with a Mannlicher stock. When the gun arrived the box had a forklift hole in it. His FFL dealer opened the box and the stock was in two pieces! Dude was furious. He got a refund but it was a fight to ge tit he said.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-26-2012, 11:54 PM Thread Starter

I seen that also, Unbelievable what shipping companys can do to stuff as stated I have seen it first hand myself.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-01-2012, 03:39 PM

cripes! I just shipped a revolver Fedex to a custom shop. Hope it arrives unscathed.

Big LSWC's rule

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page