Better Choice ? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-04-2010, 01:23 AM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

Better Choice ?

I made my mind up that i was going to get a CZ 75, after handling everything out there. Sig came a close second. I would like the pistol for carry but would also like a pistol for shooting at the range,plinking..etc. Would you think the full size CZ 75 is too big for carry ? They also make a compact but i never had a chance to shoot it. Which one would you choose out of these two choices for this use. Thanks for any input, im just stuck between the two and need some feedback. Thanks, Zac
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-04-2010, 01:30 AM
New Arrival

Re: Better Choice ?

PM sent
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-04-2010, 07:22 AM

been alot of years since ive played with a CZ and cant recall their size....but i'll say if i have a hoodie on, you have to look long and hard to figure out if i got my 226 with my or not...and thats with an outside the pants holster...inside the pants, i can get away with the 226 with just a t-shirt on...

but, im a decent sized guy and im not skinny...

find what you like and then make the purchase based on what feels best and what you will use more...

a small gun carried every day is alot better than a big gun left at home...alot of guys dont like a heavy full sized gun for carry...i dont like a small, light sub compact for shooting...so i am a bit different than most...i'll put up with a little size and weight for an accurate pistol...next pistol is a 239 for summer carry..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-04-2010, 10:36 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I have an HK USP Compact in 40 S&W.

I am 6'3 and 240 lbs. I can carry it IWB and no one can really tell. Except for myself.

Most situations I can carry in in a Fobus paddle and get away with it. That holster sticks out. But I always know its there.

My main point is my pistol weighs 28 ounces unloaded. The CZ weighs 34 and is longer.

Mine is not realcomfortable for extended concealed carry. They are a whole lot heavier when you put 11 or 13 rounds in the gun.

That is why I went and bought a Ruger LCP. Light as a feather and always in my pocket. If I had everything to do over again, I would buy a Walther PPS, HK PM7 (I think thats the squeeze cocker), something from Kahr, or a Glock 36.

Carry pistols aren't meant to be fun plinkers. They are designed with carry convenience in mind.

The deer didn't disappear.... the 250,000 guys who used to walk around and make the deer move did.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-04-2010, 12:34 PM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

i think im just going to get both... the full size and the compact. I will still be right around a grand. Thanks for the help guys... looks like overtime may be in the future,lol
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-04-2010, 01:11 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Thats a good solution.

If you really like them that much.

The deer didn't disappear.... the 250,000 guys who used to walk around and make the deer move did.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-04-2010, 02:56 PM
Sage

Take a look at the Kahr MK .40. Just the right size and very well made.

When you are up to your butt in alligators, it is hard to remember your intent was to drain the swamp. Stay focused!
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-04-2010, 03:23 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Kahr's MK series are really nice. They have a long trigger pull but the newer models are silky smooth. Very accurate compact weapon.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. Edmund Burke
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-04-2010, 03:42 PM
NRA
Frequent Contributor

Glock Model 30
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-04-2010, 04:35 PM
Sage

I really like mine, it is the one I carry most.

When you are up to your butt in alligators, it is hard to remember your intent was to drain the swamp. Stay focused!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page