Out of State seller.... - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-21-2012, 04:31 AM Thread Starter

Out of State seller....

Anyone here ever buy from a out of state private seller?? Called and talked to a guy who has a Benelli Montefeltro Silver for sale in Iowa for a good price. Whats the best way to send the money and basically any way to make sure you dont get ripped off.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-21-2012, 10:25 AM

Re: Out of State seller....

Send a postal money order. It will have to be shipped to a ff holder here in pa. I bought many guns out of state. Get pics of it.its always hard to buy without holding gun first.there's always risk involved. Good luck
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-21-2012, 11:22 AM
The Man

I agree. There is always a risk. I just bought a rifle from a guy in OR. Mailed him the check. He called me to say he shipped it on Monday morning so it should be here soon. Seemed like a good guy on the phone so I made the judegement and did it. Still, until it gets here, I'll be wondering. Far better to got o s store and buy it, but if you find something you want, what the heck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-21-2012, 11:48 AM

I have never bought a gun from out-of-state, but have bought a bunch of other gear, knives, saltwater reels and rods. I send the payment by registered mail, and always used a postal money order. I figure the postal inspectors will get involved if there is a problem and it will be a federal issue. Although with most items being in the $100 range, I'm not sure if they would get act. Having said that, I have only had one problem and the seller finally sent the item.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-21-2012, 12:47 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

before you buy make certain that you have an ffl willing to do the transaction lined up.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-21-2012, 01:45 PM Thread Starter

The local gunshop said they will do the transfer and I have him emailing my work email also which is a Law enforcement email address. So hopefully if he was a scammer he may think twice about it. I was probably thinking pay pal for sending the money and just marking it benelli shotgun stock since they are kinda anti gun. thanks for the replies...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page