Charles Daly out of Business - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-30-2010, 04:51 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

Charles Daly out of Business

FYI, From the CD website.

To all our friends, fans, supporters and consumers of Charles Daly and by extension, KBI products, I regret to inform you that the rumors of our demise are true.

KBI is going out of business and closing its doors, effective today, January 29, 2010.

I don't want to go into each and every detail as to why this has occurred, except to say that there have been a multitude of events over the past five years that have contributed to our current situation.

For those of you with ongoing service requirements please be advised that we are currently negotiating with several companies that will be performing after-sale service of Charles Daly, CD Defense and Jericho firearms. As soon as we have finalized a contract with one of these companies we will post the name, address and contact details of that company on http://www.CharlesDalyForum.com, so you will know who to contact to obtain service on your KBI firearm.

Again, I wish to thank all of you that have supported our company, Charles Daly and all the other fine firearms that we have sold over the years.. This spells the end of KBI but I imagine it will certainly not mean the end of Charles Daly® and CD Defense™. Look for this excellent brand to resurface in the very near future.

Sincerely,
Michael B. Kassnar, President
K.B.I., Inc.

"The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun."
Wayne LaPierre 12/21/12
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-30-2010, 07:21 PM

Re: Charles Daly out of Business

I have to confess they were always a bit of a mystery to me

While I don't like to see anyone fail I find it difficult to understand how they stayed standing this long.

I will give them credit--they did get their name on some pretty classy guns--kind of like Abercromby and Fitch---and the handle on the pot---they were there but not in it

Treat people as if they're what they ought to be & you help them become what they can be.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-31-2010, 07:47 PM
Frequent Contributor

charles daly made some fine trap guns.somebody will buy the name and start it again
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-01-2010, 12:58 AM
Sage

KBI has been around for quite some time in the Harrisburg area, although it was originally known as Kassner Imports, IIRC? I recall them being in business back in the late 60s or early 70s?

They obtained the rights to the Charles Daly name some years ago, for mostly imported firearms. Their commercial Mausers were essentially the same Zastava-produced items once imported as Mark X Mausers by Interarms.

Remington marketed pretty much those same firearms up until late last year, plus some foreign-manufactured rimfires and shotguns.

Most of the Charles Daly shotguns were made in Turkey, Spain and some other European countries.

Some folks' learnin' curves just look like circles...3A Camp/also hunt 4B
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-01-2010, 01:23 AM
Frequent Contributor

Charles Daily hasn't ''made'' guns for years. they had imported guns and had them made by others to their specs. these guns will come back under some other name in the future. KBI may also sell the Daily name too.

"The only senseless killing, would be the killing of me"
-Matthew Zerby
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-01-2010, 01:31 AM
Frequent Contributor

a lot of those shotguns were made in japan.the same people made browning and winchester 101
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-01-2010, 05:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim stemler
charles daly made some fine trap guns.somebody will buy the name and start it again
So they are out of business...again??

CD made some really good guns in the 70's, my uncle had a 410 O/U skeet gun. Awesome shooter.

But in the early 80's, my buddy bought a CD autoloader, and it just wasn't very reliable. We did a lot of dove hunting back then, and that thing jammed all the time. I think in the 80's they were being made by a differant company than in the 70's. Can anyone confirm?
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-03-2010, 11:57 PM
Frequent Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim stemler
a lot of those shotguns were made in japan.the same people made browning and winchester 101
there older over/unders were Murokos and they were a really nice gun too. most of the modern pumps and semis were Turkish.

"The only senseless killing, would be the killing of me"
-Matthew Zerby
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-04-2010, 12:20 AM
Hooked on HuntingPa

I purchased an older CD 20 ga. from the 60's which was made by Miroku. I gave it to my dad as an anniversary present a few years ago. Charles Daly imported Prussian, Belgian, Italian and Japanese guns over the years. I think they started pre-war, and continued again after the war until they changed hands with new owners who retained the name. I haven't kept up with how many times this has happened. There are some blurbs about their history on Shotgun World's BBS if anyone wants to research.

Some of the guns they labeled were very high quality. Their Italian guns were made by Beretta back in the 70's. For a while, you could find their older 60's and 70's SxS's and O/U's lying around and you could pick them up for a fair price. Now I've noticed they are going up in price. They don't compare to any of the imported Turkish guns today.

If you go to this link, look for the Charles Daly models, you'll see the quality and asking prices today:
http://stevecobbguns.com/eurosg.htm

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page