WANTED - 4 bore & 8 bore shotguns - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-20-2009, 06:02 PM Thread Starter
New Arrival

WANTED - 4 bore & 8 bore shotguns

i am wanting to purchase 4 & 8 bore shotguns any condition, if you have anything to offer please send details and pictures.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-22-2009, 11:14 AM
Frequent Contributor

Re: WANTED - 4 bore & 8 bore shotguns

I donít know if this will help you much, But A few years back I lived in Delaware. If you do some checking in Easter shore Maryland and Delaware. You may find something. Down around the Bay. They used those guns a lot years ago Most were Oar lock guns. And I saw some nice ones when I lived in that Area..
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-22-2009, 07:04 PM
Sage

I think you will be better able to find those gauges in the British Isles and Europe than in the US. They have been unlawful to use for hunting here for a long while and there are few around and the ones that are around are family heirlooms.

When you are up to your butt in alligators, it is hard to remember your intent was to drain the swamp. Stay focused!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-26-2009, 10:50 PM
Part of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by John S
I think you will be better able to find those gauges in the British Isles and Europe than in the US. They have been unlawful to use for hunting here for a long while and there are few around and the ones that are around are family heirlooms.
Unlawful for federal migratory birds, but still legal for PA state regulated small game and birds, and for larger game if loaded properly for your area of the state(IE: slugs, buckshot).

If you have to track your game, then you aren't using a big enuff gun.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-27-2009, 07:59 AM Thread Starter
New Arrival

THESE SIZE GUNS ARE BOTH LEGAL AS I AM IN THE UNITED KINGDOM,AS PEOPLE ARE UNABLE TO USE THEM IN THE STATES I THOUGH IT WOULD GIVE THEM AN OUTLET TO SELL THESE TYPE OF GUNS,PLUS THE GUNS WOULD BE USED NOT SHOW PIECES, AT THE MOMENT I AM SHOOTING -2-4-8 & 10 BORE GUNS,I ALSO HAVE A FRIEND THAT SHOOTS A DOUBLE PUNT GUN,IF MORE INTEREST IS SHOWN I WILL POST PICTURES OF BOTH GUNS & SHELLS
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack46
THESE SIZE GUNS ARE BOTH LEGAL AS I AM IN THE UNITED KINGDOM,AS PEOPLE ARE UNABLE TO USE THEM IN THE STATES I THOUGH IT WOULD GIVE THEM AN OUTLET TO SELL THESE TYPE OF GUNS,PLUS THE GUNS WOULD BE USED NOT SHOW PIECES, AT THE MOMENT I AM SHOOTING -2-4-8 & 10 BORE GUNS,I ALSO HAVE A FRIEND THAT SHOOTS A DOUBLE PUNT GUN,IF MORE INTEREST IS SHOWN I WILL POST PICTURES OF BOTH GUNS & SHELLS
Yes, please show some pics! It would be really interesting to see some of these different pieces of which I have never laid eyes on.

Life is like a coin, you can spend it anywhere you like, but you can only spend it once.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 11:35 AM

4 and 8 bore, my goodness, but I have not heard of these guns in many years. Just out of curiosity, what would you plan to do with these guns? Parhaps put wheels on them and tote them arround like limbered up artillery . Just kidding with you. And, yes, if you can provide and pics of these it would be cool. When I was a kid growing up in the Pisstburgh area they had a "Punt Gun" on display at the Carnegie Museum. Now, THAT'S a gun

Good night Chesty, wherever you are......
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 08:03 AM Thread Starter
New Arrival

ok will post pictures of guns and shells in the next few days,by the way these have all all fired from the shoulder
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 11:28 AM

My hat is off to you!

Good night Chesty, wherever you are......
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 01:23 PM
Frequent Contributor

The 4 & 8 Gauge guns I saw in MD. DE. Were all wall hangers. they had 5 to 6 foot barrels. With the oarlock fastened to the Gun. They were very interesting. But I donít think I would want to shoot one.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page