• 1 Post By jimsdad
  • 1 Post By tdd
  • 1 Post By tdd

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 09:16 AM Thread Starter
tdd
Super Moderator

Another "mouth" to feed!

So, I was minding my own business and doing some errands and such....and when I come home, I turn around and find that this very nice 10mm Glock G20 had followed me, looking for a home.

So, what was to be done, other than adopt the little bugger?

But I find my 10mm components are probably going to be stretched a bit by a second mouth to feed (I already have a 10mm)....so I guess I better look for some more projectiles and probably some more brass, and get the Dillon up and running.

It's already been bugging me to be "fed'....hungry little sucker.
bohunr, Dogface, loridr and 3 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 03:05 PM
Frequent Contributor

Thumbs up

We always knew old tdd was a kind hearted soul, but who would have ever thunk it would extend to adopting a poor, hungry, unfortunate Glock? Especially in todays setting taking in that Austrian waif was a nobel, commendable deed!

Good goiing!!!
bohunr and Dogface like this.

Remember.... they're full time deer......we're part time hunters!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 05:22 PM

People who rescue firearms from an existence of abuse (non-use) are to be commended for their commitment to providing homes, and "food" to otherwise neglected strays.
flintlock hunter likes this.

Good night Chesty, wherever you are......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 06:29 PM Thread Starter
tdd
Super Moderator

So, good news....the "little" Glock (compared to my G40MOS) fits its bigger brother's holster beautifully. I already took the Streamlight TLR-1 off the G40 and put it on the G20. Holster is good to go. Light is good to go.

I wanted the '20 for woods carry, which was why I bought the G40 in the first place, but the dang long slide is just a bit TOO long for my tastes for that application. So the G20 seems a better fit.

I just can't bring myself to sell the G40 though, because dang is it fun at the range. I may start messing with mods on that one and make it more for range fun than carry. And....hey....if we can ever hunt with semi-auto handguns (I know, that's really unlikely), the G40 would be a great one with an RMR and some full-potential 10mm loads.

I took stock of my loading components and I have about 500-600 10mm bullets and a pile of brass, primers, and powder. Bullets are the least plentiful component, so I guess I need to start watching for buys on pulled bullets and such, because two Glocks nibbling at my bullet supply will go through it fast!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 08:34 PM Thread Starter
tdd
Super Moderator

Well, the G20 was bugging to be fed, so I took it and it's older, bigger brother (G40MOS) to the range tonight. 170-some rounds of 10mm later, both were dirty, warm, and happy.

For now.

Just like kids, they'll be hungry again before I know it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page