Wife Wants a 12G - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Marcus99

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 09:50 PM Thread Starter
New Arrival

Wife Wants a 12G

My wife has a 20 gauge and would like to get a 12 gauge. Her 20 is a compact model because it fits her better. Shooting clays this weekend she tried my Benelli M1, and besides the LOP being too long, she did not like the kick at all. So I’m looking at gassers and I’ve been doing some reading and it looks like the Remington V3 is supposed to be the softest shooter and the Beretta A300 is supposed to be fairly soft as well and has an adjustable LOP. Any input about these and any other models I should consider would be appreciated. Also, let me know if anyone knows of any place that offers demo guns. I know some of the clays courses have loaners, but they don’t list the make or models, so I will give them a call.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 05:28 PM
The Man

If she didn't like the recoil from the M1 she is probably not going to like the recoil from any 12.

A better option may be trying a lite 1 ounce target load in the M1.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 05:42 PM
dce

I bought my 13 yo son a compact Franchi affinity in 20gs and 12 ga.They're very light guns so I had a guy fit a kick eez pad on both guns. They're light,recoil operated semis but with a good pad,he doesn't complain.He actually shoots nothing but 3" mags out of the 20ga when hunting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 09:44 PM Thread Starter
New Arrival

Quote:
Originally Posted by dce View Post
I bought my 13 yo son a compact Franchi affinity in 20gs and 12 ga.They're very light guns so I had a guy fit a kick eez pad on both guns. They're light,recoil operated semis but with a good pad,he doesn't complain.He actually shoots nothing but 3" mags out of the 20ga when hunting.
Thanks, for the input. She has a Stoeger 20ga, which is similar to the Affinity that she likes a lot. I’m partial to inertia guns, but they do have the reputation of kicking more than gas guns. I had heard that recoil pads can affect inertia guns cycling, has your son had any issues?

Last edited by Settingduck; 04-10-2019 at 09:57 PM.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 09:58 PM

The incorrect LOP probably had something to do with the felt recoil as well. For a clays gun I would vote Beretta.
dce likes this.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 09:39 AM
dce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Settingduck View Post
Thanks, for the input. She has a Stoeger 20ga, which is similar to the Affinity that she likes a lot. Iím partial to inertia guns, but they do have the reputation of kicking more than gas guns. I had heard that recoil pads can affect inertia guns cycling, has your son had any issues?
Nope
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 02:27 PM

Put a good recoil pad like a Sims Limbsaver on a gas gun like a Beretta 391 and they're soft shooting for a 12 ga. The Limbsaver makes a noticeable difference on any gun.

The older I get, the stronger gravity becomes.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 10:02 PM Thread Starter
New Arrival

Quote:
Originally Posted by basdjs View Post
Put a good recoil pad like a Sims Limbsaver on a gas gun like a Beretta 391 and they're soft shooting for a 12 ga. The Limbsaver makes a noticeable difference on any gun.
Thanks, will definitely be putting a LimbSaver and cheek pad on it for her.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 10:08 PM Thread Starter
New Arrival

Quote:
Originally Posted by dce View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Settingduck View Post
Thanks, for the input. She has a Stoeger 20ga, which is similar to the Affinity that she likes a lot. I’m partial to inertia guns, but they do have the reputation of kicking more than gas guns. I had heard that recoil pads can affect inertia guns cycling, has your son had any issues?
Nope
Well that puts the M3000 back in play then. Great gun duck for hunting and dragging through the mud.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page