.380 Choices? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 27Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-28-2018, 09:37 AM Thread Starter
The Man

.380 Choices?

Which brands do you all like or dislike? Grice has some good deals in the current sales catalog and the small Remington RM 380 can be had for 2 bills.I am really considerin the RM 380 if the fit and feel is good to help out Remmy but don,t want a lemon either.For the price that one is at the top of the list.What are you all,s opinion on havin a laser or not?I don,t think it justifies the extra expense.Plus if you really need it at night in a firefight or protection standpoint the laser also pinpoints your position to the enemy.Your thoughts are appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-28-2018, 10:18 AM
Hooked on HuntingPa

I would take a look at the Walther PK380 I have two they are great little pistols and reasonable. Accurate as can be also. Will not break the bank either. I do not believe I would go with a laser either.
post #3 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-28-2018, 10:38 AM Thread Starter
The Man

Thanks Trout.I know Walther is a top notch gunmaker.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-28-2018, 04:55 PM

Bought a Remington 380 back in November, when Remington had the hundred dollar rebate, cost 119.00, only reason I bought it was because of the price. Long trigger travel, I put a Galloway spring kit in it. I like it, shoots and cycles everything I have tried both factory and reloads. It does have a problem ejecting live rounds, when not firing. But works perfectly while firing, has never jammed. If they ever offer them at that price I will buy more. If you lived near, I would let you shoot mine before you buy one.
post #5 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-28-2018, 05:16 PM
Sage

A .380 is better than nothing but not much. There are so many sub compacts today with more punch than a .380 why settle for the little sister, especially if you are carrying for protection.

When you are up to your butt in alligators, it is hard to remember your intent was to drain the swamp. Stay focused!
post #6 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-28-2018, 05:46 PM
New Arrival

S&W Bodyguard
post #7 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-28-2018, 05:48 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woods walker View Post
A .380 is better than nothing but not much. There are so many sub compacts today with more punch than a .380 why settle for the little sister, especially if you are carrying for protection.
suggestions?
post #8 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-28-2018, 05:50 PM
Frequent Contributor

.380 ammo has came a long way over the years. A .380 with Critical Defense ammo should not be underestimated. I have a Ruger LCP and like the slim profile. It's very easily concealed, even in the front pocket.
Team Dougherty likes this.
post #9 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-28-2018, 05:53 PM
Sage

My choice is a small Kahr MK 40, .40 S&W but a 9mm or a .38 special +P hollow point revolver is better than a .380 for stopping a man. A .380 is a 9mm short. Ruger makes some nice sub compacts if cost is a consideration.

When you are up to your butt in alligators, it is hard to remember your intent was to drain the swamp. Stay focused!
post #10 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-28-2018, 06:04 PM

I'm not a Remington pistol guy. If it were me I would go with a Ruger LCP instead. As others have said, maybe look at a small 9mm.
.257 likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page