Any one with a Taurus Tracker? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-28-2009, 12:13 AM Thread Starter
The Man

Any one with a Taurus Tracker?

I've been thinking of getting an "all around use" gun. After looking on the net for far too long I come up with a couple that was worth looking at. What I really want is a gun with around a 4 inch barrel with adjustable sights in 357 mag. I thought of a 44 too because I have tons of stuff for a 44, but they tend to be a bit heavier. I want to be able to comfortable carry it outdoors. It's not meant for CC. I like to carry when I'm scouting in the off season, and while fishing in the mountains.

As much a I like the Smith & Wessons they are way out of my price range.

I looked at the ruger sp100, and it's a nice gun, but not sure I really like it.

I picked up a taurus tracker, and it felt great in my hands. Also very light which is important to me. I've heard these guns aren't really meant for a healthy diet of full power loads. I have no real intensions of feeding it such loads. Will probably shoot mostly 38's for practice.

Anybody have any experiences with one of these?

Venison - The other fast food
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-28-2009, 12:27 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Re: Any one with a Taurus Tracker?

JMO If it feels good in your hand and is in your price range that is probably the handgun for you. I know several shooters that are very happy with the Taurus.

Save a wolf , take one to the taxidermist
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-28-2009, 12:38 AM

I thought they were junk until I shot one, pretty accurate guns. I would say buy it if the price is right and it fits good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-28-2009, 05:48 PM
Frequent Contributor

Bought one a couple of years ago for Willie to shoot. He shoots the heck out of it. 38 spl. and full house 357's, never a problem.

Guns are like socks you can never have enough
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-30-2009, 11:42 PM Thread Starter
The Man

Well I went looking at some guns again yesterday. I ended up getting a 6" Ruger GP100. The grips have been changed since the last time I looked at them. They had the rubber w/ wood inserts before. I picked it up, and it felt better than the taurus I had previously held.

I took it out yesterdat afternoon to see how it shot, and only needed some windage adjustments. A friend that was with me put out some soda cans to get trigger time with his 22 and I took out 3 with 6 shots, and made them dance with the other 3. It's a really fun gun to shoot.

Just gotta get some dies and components now.

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-02-2009, 03:27 PM
Regular Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunt/fish365
Well I went looking at some guns again yesterday. I ended up getting a 6" Ruger GP100. The grips have been changed since the last time I looked at them. They had the rubber w/ wood inserts before. I picked it up, and it felt better than the taurus I had previously held.

I took it out yesterdat afternoon to see how it shot, and only needed some windage adjustments. A friend that was with me put out some soda cans to get trigger time with his 22 and I took out 3 with 6 shots, and made them dance with the other 3. It's a really fun gun to shoot.

Just gotta get some dies and components now.
Good gun, I have on in 6" also. Mine had the grips with the rosewood inserts, a lot of people prefer them that way especially since Ruger no longer offers them on the new GP100s. I bought the Hogue grips for the gun for $15 and not sure I prefer them over the original ones yet.

I actually wanted a S&W 686 stainless but ended up with the Ruger and I'm very happy with my purchase. It is a very stout gun and I saved myself a good deal of money by not buying a S&W.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-03-2009, 09:36 AM Thread Starter
The Man

I wanted the same S&W, but way too much $$$. I looked at there website, and it looks like they went up a couple hundred dollars since last year. I think MSRP is something like $1047 now. I picked up my Ruger at a local gunshop for $549. The taurus was actually $6 more.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page