Benelli Super Eagle 3 VS M1 Super 90 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-31-2017, 12:21 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

Benelli Super Eagle 3 VS M1 Super 90

Has anyone had any experience with both of these guns. Which one should I chose? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-31-2017, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KapaaPA View Post
Has anyone had any experience with both of these guns. Which one should I chose? Thanks
What are you using it for? The M1 is no longer made to my knowledge so I assume you're talking about a used gun.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-01-2017, 12:28 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

I am. I have seen them on the web and was just wondering.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-01-2017, 12:37 PM

Well the super black eagle 3 is brand new and pretty expensive in my opinion but those guns have been proven to be very good. I'm not really familiar with a M1 but I have shot a M2. They're both nice guns. The main difference is that the super black eagle 3 shoots up to 3 1/2" shells where the M1 I believe would only shoot 3". It really depends on what you're using it for waterfowl hunting, turkey hunting, small game hunting, deer hunting, trap, skeet, sporting clays, home defense, competition?
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-01-2017, 02:23 PM

I've had an M1 since they came out. It has been a reliable and versatile gun. My father has a BE II and other than shooting 3.5 inch shells, both guns equal each other. I absolutely hate shooting the 3.5. It kicks like a stinking mule, especially HV turkey loads. With todays technology in choke tubes and 12 gauge loads, I truly believe you can optimize any 3" gun to shoot as well as a 3.5.......... with one exception. Steel shot and how it patterns, and the energy has when it hits at longer distances such as for longer range waterfowl. I believe the 3.5 has a slight advantage there.
So, all in all, if I were going to buy it and I did a great deal of waterfowl hunting, I'd lean to the SBE. If not, I'd be buying the M1.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-01-2017, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassnleo View Post
I've had an M1 since they came out. It has been a reliable and versatile gun. My father has a BE II and other than shooting 3.5 inch shells, both guns equal each other. I absolutely hate shooting the 3.5. It kicks like a stinking mule, especially HV turkey loads. With todays technology in choke tubes and 12 gauge loads, I truly believe you can optimize any 3" gun to shoot as well as a 3.5.......... with one exception. Steel shot and how it patterns, and the energy has when it hits at longer distances such as for longer range waterfowl. I believe the 3.5 has a slight advantage there.
So, all in all, if I were going to buy it and I did a great deal of waterfowl hunting, I'd lean to the SBE. If not, I'd be buying the M1.
I agree, I used to have a 3.5" gun but now I only have a 3". The only time I wish I had a 3.5" is with big steel goose loads BB or BBB. Steel just sucks and I'll take any advantage I can get when it comes to that. I will say that the Benelli's seem to kick a bit more with that inertia system as opposed to a gas gun but the Benelli is also a lot easier to clean. I've killed turkey at 50 yards with 2 3/4" shells so I don't see how 3.5" would be needed for that.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-01-2017, 06:49 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

Thank you, Thank you all so very much. I appreciate your input!!!!
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 07:34 AM

The new SBE3 looks just like a camo Ethos.

Never Misses
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-12-2017, 08:36 PM
The Man

I have an LH SBE 11 ... Woo I love that shotgun for predators!!! Just saying!!!
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-10-2017, 10:00 AM

Seen a couple comments from people who have shot the SBE 3 who say it does kick somewhat less than the 2. Comfortech stock has been slightly redesigned, so I guess that's the difference because it is a lighter gun than the 2. My old remington SP-10, 10 gauge was more pleasant to shoot than any of the 3 or 4 3 1/2 12ga I've ever tried. Of course it weighed about 10+ pounds.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page