Back To Top
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: 3D, Luzerne County
Re: Answer me this
The ammo must be all lead or designed to expand on impact. FMJ bullets are not designed to expand and are not legal to hunt with.
Sec. 2322. Prohibited devices and methods.
(a) General rule. - Except as otherwise provided in this title or commission regulation, no person shall hunt, kill or take or attempt, aid, abet, assist or conspire to hunt, kill or take any big game, except wild turkey, with any of the following devices or methods:
(1) Any device other than a centerfire or muzzle-loading firearm or bow and arrow.
(2) Any automatic or semiautomatic firearm, except that any semiautomatic firearm modified to permit one shell in the chamber and no more than four shells in a magazine may be used by a person who suffered an amputation or lost the total use of one or both hands.
(3) Any firearm propelling more than one projectile per discharge.
(4) Any projectile which is not all lead or which is not designed to expand on contact.
(5) When any big game is swimming.
(6) By any other method or device which is not specifically authorized or permitted by this title or commission regulation.
(b) Penalty. - A violation of this section is a summary offense of the fifth degree.