New pony in the stable! - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Macs' Mountain

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-14-2016, 12:00 PM Thread Starter

New pony in the stable!

And it's earned the starting spot for the first day of buck season! S&W Model 657 no dash, .41 Magnum. Previous owner had it sent to Magna-port for two ports and the extra ball detent lockup. It's had a great action job done and the target trigger has been ground smooth. Perfect for my style of shooting. I put the Jerry Miculek grip on it as that is what I have standardized on for all my S&Ws.

25 yards double action. Left is HSM cowboy action load. Right is my hunting handload of 21.8 grains of H110 under a 210 grain Hornady XTP.

For size understanding - that's a standard 8.5 X 11 piece of paper. interesting to note that both of my flyers are exactly in the same spot, but I don't recall which in the shot string they were.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg M657.jpg (610.3 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg M657_Accuracy.jpg (709.4 KB, 3 views)
BrowningFan369 likes this.

Big LSWC's rule

Last edited by Macs' Mountain; 11-15-2016 at 08:54 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-14-2016, 04:09 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Nice! I've been a dedicated handgun hunt for quite some time now. In the past, I've used a scoped Ruger Super Redhawk in .44 Magnum. The last few years, I've gone back to my T/C Contenders. I have a 14" in 7-30 Waters and a 14" in .44 Magnum all ready to go. When pushing or sitting in the heavy stuff, I carry a 7.5" Ruger Super Blackhawk in .44 Magnum. Can't wait for this season!

Steve
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-23-2016, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve in PA View Post
Nice! I've been a dedicated handgun hunt for quite some time now. In the past, I've used a scoped Ruger Super Redhawk in .44 Magnum. The last few years, I've gone back to my T/C Contenders. I have a 14" in 7-30 Waters and a 14" in .44 Magnum all ready to go. When pushing or sitting in the heavy stuff, I carry a 7.5" Ruger Super Blackhawk in .44 Magnum. Can't wait for this season!
Im carrying the 7.5 Super Red on Monday too running a 180 gr Hornady XTP over some Unique. Im running for the thick stuff, and going to enjoy the sunrise.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page