Remington V3 Auto - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-28-2016, 12:42 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

Remington V3 Auto

Any comments would help prior to a purchase. Good Bad or Ugly. Will be used for waterfowl. Is the camo gun worth the added cost? Getting older and could use a lighter gun.

Don't shoot brown ducks!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-30-2016, 09:31 AM

Re: Remington V3 Auto

Before I would spend a grand on it, nothing at all wrong with it, perfect shotgun ..I'd look at the youth semi version in 20 ga mag, with today great shells it will handle just about anything for half the cost, much lighter and easier to carry and point...it will do anything that 12 ga will do with far less to carry about, best move I ever made..
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-20-2017, 08:30 AM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

Bump still under consideration. Will sell the benelli super 90 to obtain one given good reports.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-20-2017, 09:30 AM

You're selling a Benelli to buy a Remington?? What's wrong with the Benelli?
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-20-2017, 11:24 AM

First off the Remington doesn't cost a grand. Seen some on sale for less than $500 on line. As for reviews go over to Shotgun world and look under the Remington forum. A couple hundred pages of reviews. A few quirks in every new gun brought to market. If I didn't have an 1100 that still goes boom every time I pull the trigger I would buy one. It's seen 44 years in the duck blind.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-26-2017, 05:35 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

not a thing wrong with the benneli I tried all the shim variations and could not get it to fit me . That gun is like brand new with just a couple boxes through it. I bought I for my wife she quit shooting and it passed to my son and he gave it back to me. Remies always fit me. V3 may be it.

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-28-2017, 08:53 PM
The Man

If you're looking for lightweight and reliable, have a look at the Winchester Super X3 and Super X4 before you make up your mind on the Remington.

demokraten saugen
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-04-2017, 01:56 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

I bought a Remington V3 back in March. I have shot a variety of different steel and lead shot through it so far and I could not be happier. It is light, fits me well, and is balanced nicely. I looked through quite a few guns before buying the V3(Browning maxus was nice too). I bought it mostly for water fowl but will also take it for pheasant too. I bough mine from cabelas when they had one of their coupons that was vaild on firearms and I had a good number of cabelas points to put towards it as well. Right now there is a rebate for $150 off a few different remington shotguns. I bought the shadow grass camo version just because I thought it looks nicer than the plain black but that is just my personal opinion. With the variety of 3" mag loads today I really saw no need for a 3.5" mag semi or paying the price tag of some of the other semis out there.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page