Well, i did it again, shame on me!! - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-27-2016, 01:01 AM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

Well, i did it again, shame on me!!

Well 2 years ago I purchased a brand new 870 12 gauge turkey gun. When I attempted to pattern it I discovered it was shooting 20 inches to the left or right ( can't remember which) soon inspection I discovered that the barrel was sitting in the receiver crooked! After discussing the problem with my Smith, we sent it back to Remington.

It came back approx 10 days later, with a invoice saying it was repaired, but when my Smith took it out of the box and checked it he discovered the problem still existed! Longer story short, we sent it back and after about 2 months and Alot of heated e-mail, the gun was replaced.

Now jump forward to today, I just took my brand new 870 20 gauge rifled slug gun out of the box and installing the cantilever mouth on it I discover that the base is soldered to the barrel crooked!!!!!! There's no way I could get enough windage out of a scope to compensate for it! I guess I will have to start the return process all over again, this is a shame, I'm batting 2 for 2 for quality control issues with Remington. This WILL NOT happen again, Remington has seen the last of my money!

Get me once, shame on you, get me twice, shame on me, won't happen again!!!! Anyone who purchases a new Remington firearm, please check EVERYTHING out with it before leaving the shop it mite save you a headache later, or be like me and find another company to give your money to!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-27-2016, 11:09 AM

Re: Well, i did it again, shame on me!!

That's terrible. Is this the 870 Express?

TRUMP '16
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-27-2016, 11:16 AM

I am aware that Big Green had QC issues but I though they had been addressed some time ago. If this was just one gun and you had received excellent customer care then the situation could be understandable. However, this appears to be symptomatic and representative of a gun maker to stay away from. Shameful and sad for a once proud and reliable weapon manufacturer.

Good night Chesty, wherever you are......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-27-2016, 11:36 AM
The Man

And the horror stories about Remington continue. Not good!
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-27-2016, 08:41 PM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

Yes, it is the express model. I've owned many guns over the years, if it would have been one occurrence over the years and it was taken care of in a professional manner, then so be it, every company makes mistakes.

But two in a row is just crazy, that seems like a pretty high percentage rate for mistakes when one guy has problems with two guns in a row. I wouldn't even be as mad if I could just go out and purchase a couple dollar price and just fix them, it would still suck, but at least I wouldn't have to ship them off for who knows how long.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-27-2016, 08:59 PM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

I think we can all agree, I don't take it lightly when I hand over the better part of a weeks salarie for a product, no matter what it may be, it should be right the first time! We're not talking about a flashlight that I bought at the dollar tree! We're talking about a "tool" that needs to be mfg EXACTLY right in order to function properly, thus the "premium" price we pay for such things!
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-27-2016, 09:20 PM

i almost bought 2 remington versa max sportsman models last year, one for me and one for my son. then i read all 173 pages of a post on shotgun world about the issues with them.

then i read about the mossberg 930 JM pro series. i bought two of them and skipped the versa max.

i even called remington and asked about the problems they were talking about on shotgun world and they denied ever knowing about any problems with the versa max.

i wont be buying remington any time soon.

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
go here click on the pink square, beat breast cancer
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-28-2016, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concerned hunter

I just took my brand new 870 20 gauge rifled slug gun out of the box and installing the cantilever mouth on it I discover that the base is soldered to the barrel crooked!!!!!!
Buy the Savage 220 bolt action slug gun. Problem solved.

LIVE TO HUNT - HUNT TO LIVE
TAKE A CHILD HUNTING AND PRESERVE THE SPORT
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-29-2016, 12:26 PM
Frequent Contributor

I Stopped buying late model Remingtons a long time ago. Buy Benelli and buy once. Pricy, yes. Trouble, no. Doc in Pa.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-31-2016, 12:58 PM

Bean Counters took down Remington

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page