Re: RCBS .45 acp Dies - Need Help
You don't need to crimp but if you want to.
1. Turn the die up a little so there is no possibility of crimping.
2. Put a case/bullet in and little by little turn the seating stem down until the bullet gets seated at the point you want to crimp. Run a few bullets through so you have a few bullets to work with on the crimp later. You now have several loaded but uncrimped bullets.
3. Turn the seating stem way up so it is out of the way completely.
4. Raise the press with a loaded bullet and turn the die body down until the crimper contacts the case, lower the press and turn the die down a little at a time, maybe 1/8 turn, raise the press fully to crimp and lower to check crimp. When you achieve the correct crimp lock the die in position. Might take a couple bullets and attempts to check and confirm after locking the die. Now you have a loaded and crimped bullet.
5. Crimp is set and die is locked in position, put a crimped bullet in and raise press, lower seating stem until it firmly contacts top of bullet and lock seating stem.
6. Verify it is all working with a few loose bullets and cases.
Stand up and be counted, join an outdoor sports organization
Life NRA,Life PTA,Annual SCI