Glock 43 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-19-2016, 01:06 AM Thread Starter
Regular Visitor

Glock 43

Recently was looking at pistols and really liked the glock 43. I was wondering if anyone had one and would be able to give me some personal opinions. Looking for reviews whether they are good or bad. Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-19-2016, 12:05 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Re: Glock 43

I picked one up around Christmas for summer carry. Not much to say other then I took the crappy plastic sights off and put on truglo TFX's. Points well and well its a glock. Its the ak47 of the handgun world. I have put a couple boxes through it now and it has never had a FTF.

“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel-Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-19-2016, 02:52 PM

Bought my fiance one back in October. I've spent more time with it at the range than she has. I like the gun, it carries well. For my hand I prefer shooting it with the mag extension. She on the other hand doesn't need the extension with her smaller hands.

As far as my review, even though I bought her one that I shoot often, I still plan on picking myself up one as well right after we get this wedding paid for.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-19-2016, 08:31 PM
Frequent Contributor

I'm torn between the glock 43 and the s&w shield I think Im leaning towards the shield,metal sights and the 8 round clip my finger isn't hanging off and the price is cheaper but glocks are just so darn reliable
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-19-2016, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesroost
I'm torn between the glock 43 and the s&w shield I think Im leaning towards the shield,metal sights and the 8 round clip my finger isn't hanging off and the price is cheaper but glocks are just so darn reliable
Careful calling it a clip...you're like 15 seconds away from the keyboard warriors tearing you a new one for terminolgoy
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-19-2016, 10:13 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I have one , carries nice , hardly any recoil , but I just don't like the feel of it in my hand . I knew what I was getting when I bought it though . nice and compact does not make up for the way it feels in the hand though , like my glock 32 much better
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-19-2016, 11:03 PM
The Man

I had the Shield first, then sold for the Glock 43. Both great pistols. I only sold the Shield for the Glock to keep things consistent, all my other semis are Glocks so things like take down remain the same.

Don't Tread On Me is what it says and I'll take that to my grave.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-20-2016, 12:26 AM Thread Starter
Regular Visitor

thamks for all your input and congrats on the wedding!!!
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-20-2016, 12:28 AM Thread Starter
Regular Visitor

I was originally set on the shield but when I held it just didn't feel right, so I crossed that one off the list. Thanks for your input
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-20-2016, 11:14 PM
Frequent Contributor

My buddy has one. No issues with it and he loves it but it didn't fit my hand and was rough on my middle finger. It kept hitting the trigger guard which may have been more of a grip issue than anything else. I settled on the Springfield XDs and love it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page