Thinking of getting another revolver - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-04-2015, 07:56 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

Thinking of getting another revolver

I am thinking of getting a large bore revolver and can not decide on what to get. I already have 2 357mags, a 41mag and a 44mag. Was thinking of a 454 or 500S&W or 460. It will be for hunting deer and bear and just shooting. My buddy has the 500 and it is fun to shoot. I reload all my ammo so price of ammo is not a factor. Let me know what you guys like and why.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-04-2015, 09:02 PM
The Man

Re: Thinking of getting another revolver

If I was going to get a big bore I'd go with the Casull because of its versatility and availability of components.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-04-2015, 10:06 PM
New Arrival

Re: Thinking of getting another revolver

For all around versatility, Id also go with the 454. I have 7 44s, a 454 Super Redhawk, and a S&W 500. The 500 is obviously the ultimate big bore revolver, but it is huge. If you plan on carrying hunting you may want to keep that in mind. The Super Redhawk seems to be a nice balance between size and power.
Never shot a 460. I think they are pretty close in power to the 500. Keep in mind that you can shoot 454 Casull out of the 460 if you like, but you still have that huge X frame.
If you're thinking about the 454, Ruger came out with a Super Blackhawk in 454. Haven't seen one in person yet but its on their website.
You also may want to check out the 480 Ruger. They aren't as popular, but seem to be a nice balance between a 44 and 454 Casull.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page