HOLSTER - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-11-2015, 06:25 PM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

HOLSTER

just got an M&P SHIELD 9mm shoots real good. what type of holster would you use to carry concealed ?Thanks any info would help.

love to hunt :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-11-2015, 07:14 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Re: HOLSTER

Holsters are a hard thing to pick out w/out actually trying them on. You may end up w/ a drawer full before you find the one you like. I really like the IWB Holster w/Adjustable Belt Clip from Cook's holsters, its comfortable, secure and molded to fit. You can carry it anywhere on your belt and its pretty comfortable. The kydex rides high enough that it keeps the firearm protected from sweat as well. The shield is compact enough I dont think you will need a 2 clip holster. Good luck!

Goin in early and stayin late.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-11-2015, 07:21 PM
Frequent Contributor

I recently purchased a Glock 27, and have been asking the same question on another forum.

The answers I have gotten have led me to these guys: Milt Sparks and Mitch Rosen.

The holsters are a bit pricey, but everyone I have spoken with who has one has said that it is well worth it.

From what I've read, and the little experience I had when I had my NY Pistol permit, with a few pretty crappy holsters...the right holster makes a WORLD of difference. Also, the right belt matters too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-11-2015, 11:50 PM
The Man

For my polymer guns I go with IWB or OWB holsters from Vigilance Tactical, he's here in PA and makes a fine Kydex holster.

Don't Tread On Me is what it says and I'll take that to my grave.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-12-2015, 02:48 PM
RIZ
Diehard Outdoorsman

I carry a Shield and really like Remora holsters. Go on youtube as search for their video. It does work as advertised. I now own 4 Remora holsters.

RIZ
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-12-2015, 08:06 PM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIZ
I carry a Shield and really like Remora holsters. Go on youtube as search for their video. It does work as advertised. I now own 4 Remora holsters.
They do work. It just always weirded me out that it wasn't really attached.

Don't Tread On Me is what it says and I'll take that to my grave.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-13-2015, 03:39 PM
RIZ
Diehard Outdoorsman

yea it does take some getting used to. I like the flexibility of being able to change positions, any time, easily.

If you can't get over that feeling, try the tuckable model. it had a clip/hook as other have.

RIZ
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-15-2015, 01:21 PM

If you can't find what you want really it isn't that bad of a price for a custom holster if you have a tack shop or something around you might be able to find someone. Basic price I got for my heritage 6" barrel was $45 for the holster and $35 for the belt plus what extras I add on. When it is done I will post it. He is so busy that it may be a while. Not going all out but added some extras. Getting a left hand cross-draw made and three snap pouches- one for .22 shells, one for .22 mag shells and one to hold the mag cylinder. Can't wait. Always wanted a pistol and my wife always wanted me to get one because I spend countless hours in the woods in the off season scouting, taking the dogs out, hunting mushrooms, fishing mountain streams, or just plain breathing in the forest air and I have been wanting to get back into trapping and it is the ultimate trapping gun. I figure I can hand the holster down the family for years to come if we get any left hand offspring.

I hunted all my life and the last 10 years I really did want a .22 pistol. I had the opportunity to get a cheap but nice heritage and my wife made me get it and I do love it. Sure is fun to shoot and shoots good. I have been practicing and my goal is to consistently hit a rabbit target near 50 yards and shoot a squirrel target consistently at 25 yards in the kill zone. Right now I am shooting balloons and doing good but I need to hunker down and not just shoot. They are just too fun I have to slow down a little. I am the kind of guy that never wanted to spend a lot of money on shells because I don't like buying stuff for myself but this pistol is addictive and my wife and daughters like shooting it also. I made them learn and they know where the key is and it just so happened that they love to shoot it also.

You canít get them if you ainít in the woods!!
<span style="font-weight: bold">GOD BLESS</span>
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-15-2015, 01:33 PM

It depends on a few things, where you want to carry, how much you want to spend, and what feels good on you. I carry a shield 9 and an XDs 45. They're pretty similar in size. My 45 goes in an alien gear IWB to my 5'oclock. I appendix carry my shield 9 in a Tagua 4 in 1 holster. I love both holsters and would recommend either.

"The good that men do live on long after they're gone"
USAF AD 2006-Til they make me leave.
2B and 2D

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page