Hanguns in 2b? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-01-2015, 09:23 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

Hanguns in 2b?

What's the reason behind no hanguns in 2b? I do a lot if slug gun and inline muzzleloading in 2b. What's the logic behind banning handguns? Can't picture any ballistic advantage to most handgun cartridges. My inline is a 200 yard gun all day. My 44mag is good for about a 100. Is this just another example of a pointless Pa game law? Anyone ever trying to change it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-01-2015, 11:26 PM
The Man

Re: Hanguns in 2b?

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-02-2015, 04:40 AM

Guess your talking Allegheny county...not 2B....as you can use a rifle in the rest of 2B...

Anyways...no idea...the slug gun/muzzleloading thing is just silly anymore...it just doesn't make a difference...like you said 100-150-200yds for a good inline or slug gun is very obtainable these days...back in the punkin ball/side lock even early inline days not 100yds was pushing it...

Safety wise...a 1oz hunk of lead going somewhere it shouldn't is just as bad as a 150gr bullet going to the same place...

Just silly...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-05-2015, 01:43 PM

Like mauser06 said, the entire "Special Regulations" rule set is ridiculous and flat out stupid. I have complained via email many times over the years about the nonsense of these illogical rules.

I can use a modern inline that sends a sobot-ed 240 grain 44 caliber bullet out of a 50 caliber barrel at or above 2000 feet per second. BUT my 44 mag revolver sending the same bullet at best 1350 fps is not legal?!

Also the small game regs are flat out stupid. I can use a 22-250 for squirrels but not my 38 caliber revolver. Yet the 22-250 has more energy at 500 yards than my 38 with wadcutter target loads has at the muzzle?!

IDIOTIC!

Big LSWC's rule
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-19-2015, 11:08 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

It is that way because of the availability of rifle calibers in pistols like the encore and contender.

Free Madcatter!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-26-2015, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John-PA
It is that way because of the availability of rifle calibers in pistols like the encore and contender.
That is not a valid excuse for the illogical way the rule is written! Make it cartridge specific then.

Big LSWC's rule
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-26-2015, 01:52 PM
Frequent Contributor

I agree with everyone's argument. But I feel that using the justification that modern muzzleloaders and legal cartriges in 2B are more deadly than non legal ones will just lead to the legal ones becoming illegal. And we will only be allowed bows
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-26-2015, 03:25 PM
Part of the Community

Even muzzloading pistols are banned, that kinda through me for a loop when I read the reg.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page