Hi-Point handguns - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-26-2010, 01:22 PM Thread Starter

Hi-Point handguns

Anyone have any experience with Hi-Point handguns. My father in law showed me one he just picked up for 159.00 new. He has been shooting it and says it is accurate and hasn't jammed at all. I find it hard to believe you can find a nice hand gun for that price. They are offering .45,40,9mm and .380. For that price I think I am going to pick one up. Any input?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-26-2010, 01:35 PM
Frequent Contributor

Re: Hi-Point handguns

Thank goodness , this will finally give people here something else to argure about other than treestands and public/private property.
Hi-point , here is the truth , they DO work very well esp for the cost , they are well backed by the company , and a ton of people hate them. it's called hi-pointaphobia.
That is the truth , let no one tell you different.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-26-2010, 01:36 PM
The Man

I have a 9mm and a friend had a 380. He loved his. Mine goes bang when you pull the trigger every time.

As far as accuracy goes, it's not the greatest. Course what do ya expect for $159? Out to about 15 yards or so it's good enough for what most people use a gun of that nature for. I carry mine when I'm fishing or scouting.

The thing about mine I just don't like is the "feel". The grip is small, and it feels like it was made by fisher price. Maybe GM. It also feels really slide heavy.

The year I bought mine (about 10 years ago) my buddy got a beretta 92. He paid about 4x what I paid for mine at the time. I thought he was nuts until I shot his.

If you just want something cheap to throw in the truck or carry camping I can find no fault in it for those purposes.

Venison - The other fast food
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-26-2010, 01:37 PM

I just got a CF380, I've put around 400 rounds through it with no fail to fire issues. They have the best warranty around, if it breaks, send it in, they'll fix it for life, and return it with a new lock and clip. They have a forum also, just type in hi point forum and it should pop up. When I asked about them, they were bad mouthed pretty bad by people who never owned one, so I took a shot in the dark(no pun intended) on it, and found out I would rather buy more ammo than spend more on the gun. They can also handle +P loads. Once again, the forum has alot of great info for all of their handguns and carbines. They arn't pretty by a long shot, but they are + in my book.

Internet quotes are great, but most are untrue. "Thomas Jefferson"
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-26-2010, 01:46 PM Thread Starter

Thanks guys that is exactly what I was expecting to hear. My would be a carry/truck gun. I am going to go pick one up.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-26-2010, 01:46 PM
The Man

had mine for years now and it has never seen a brush, with handloads you can go against any big name out there.

i have the 9mm and love that thing, never jams, shoots great and it was cheap, i think i paid 130 way back then.

they are a bit heavy, but. i dont like light weight pistols so it works to my tatse.

NRA,UBP,DU,DELTA

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-26-2010, 01:51 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

They are built Ford Truck Tough!!!!!!!

Should I shoot? I don't care, im not the one holding the gun, if it was me, we'd be skinning by now.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-26-2010, 01:59 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

I was wondering the same thing because I just saw a 9mm at east coast gun sales for $125!
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-26-2010, 01:59 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Never had a problem with my 9mm.

HOME 2A(Washington,Pa) Camp 2F (Hearts Content)
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-26-2010, 01:59 PM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by pabuckkiller
Thanks guys that is exactly what I was expecting to hear. My would be a carry/truck gun. I am going to go pick one up.
Justa word of caution with ammo. My gun would jam once or twice out of ten shots with the cheap 115 gr winchester USA brand ammo. Anything else shot fine. Course you may have better luck than I did with them.

Venison - The other fast food

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page