need some help placing real world value on shotgun - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-21-2014, 05:41 AM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

need some help placing real world value on shotgun

1. Ithaca mod 37 lightweight 12 ga 2 3/4 chamber Modified plain BBl raybar bead site. good-excellet condition.(NRA standards)

2.Savage fox B 12 ga sxs. bbl are full /mod. fair-goodlight bluing wear around back end of BBl this gun had seen its time in field. light marks on wood , no cracks splits,etc.

A good friend asked to help get a value and possible sell. I hate to bring to my local gun shop cause he will low ball me. I understand he needs to make money but I really want to right for my friend. I will try to add pics, I know condition is everything.
This is not a for sale thread, just request info thread. If he wants to sell I will post in the classified section.
Thanks Koz

will hunt for food....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-21-2014, 10:45 AM

Re: need some help placing real world value on shotgun

Is the M37 above or below serial number above or below 855K? Funny, I've seen it on 20ga and 16ga more than 12s, but make sure their are no hair line cracks where the pistol grip meets the receiver. I've gotten $75 reduced on an excellent condition M37 (barring the stock) because they didn't find something like that.
IMO, I would say you could get $300-$350 Private sale. A dealer will offer you less because that is the price he'll put on it. I tend to be a stickler on condition too. If it was vent barrel or a solid vent barrel I would estimate a little higher, but it's a plain field barrel.
Ithaca M37's are not really collector shotguns, but still regarded one of the best pumps ever made. Though they aren't considered collector shotguns they have a nitch in the market(rare, but their are some collector grade M37 out there). A M37 like you have are very common, however say a 20"barrel deerslayer in 16ga is not as common. This would be a M37 that would command a higher price. Certain people... really love them and use them for almost everything.

Sorry, can't help you much on the fox sxs.

Best of luck and if you want to know anything else about the M37 like DOM (or anything) shoot me a PM.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-23-2014, 03:07 AM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

Re: need some help placing real world value on shotgun

Thanks ACEarcher! I will pm the serial number. I have to admit I have fallen in love with this old pump and would like to buy it myself. I want to give him fair price.
Thanks Koz

will hunt for food....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page