benelli shotguns - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-21-2014, 08:30 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

benelli shotguns

I am planning on buying a benelli shotgun soon but have some questions. It will mostly be used for some pheasant and rabbit hunts but also for a little turkey. I want a wooden stock 12g with either a 24 or 26in barrel. I was interested in the new ethos but was also checking out the ultralight and montefeltro. What are the differences between them that the ultralight is 400 dollars more than the montefeltro and the ethos is 300 more than the ultralight? They seem similar to me except minor changes in weight with the ethos having a recoil reduction system and slight change in the action. Am I missing something or are these differences worth $800.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-22-2014, 01:52 PM

Re: benelli shotguns

Ultralight has a higher carbon fiber rib, is nice to carry for pheasant and rabbit but turkey loads will not be fun due to the light weight. Monte has a lower rib, weighs a little more, but is not heavy, and is a good general purpose gun, most people prefer one over the other as far as fit due to the rib height difference. Ethos is a new model haven't seen or held one, not sure if it's worth the extra $$, but it may be to you. I would steer you to the Monte or the higher rib M2 (like the ultralight) but no wood available on the M2, and depending on what fits you. Have you shouldered any of these? The SBE II is another option, high rib, shoots 3 1/2 if you wanted to for turkey and can be had in wood stocks but they run a couple hundred $$ more than the Monte or M2. There is almost no difference in the actions except for some new modifications in the Ethos, so it comes down to fit, rib preference, weight, and chamber size. Happy shopping, season is coming up fast!!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-22-2014, 09:12 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

I have a monte feltro. Its got the great walnut wood and beautiful blued receiver and for me a 28 inch barrel. This is my go to dove and sporting clay gun. So many rounds through it i wont even guess. The action seems to stay clean because its inertia not gas activated. No problems and shoots awesome after so many rnds of standard 12 ga target loads
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-22-2014, 10:14 PM

I have an SBE 2 and love it. Have you considered the M2?

Never Misses
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-23-2014, 12:04 AM

I have the Montefeltro 26 in barrel in 20 guage. used for Pheasant and grouse. ( No dog this year I will be lost)
I like light for walking and carrying along time. Cycles great.
And to somewhat answer your question it isn't worth the extra money to me. But even the Monte pushed the budget but I wasn't going to buy something I didn't like and I liked the Monte.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page