This Saturday - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-30-2009, 02:12 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

This Saturday

OK LADIES ARE WE READY BOW SEASON WILL BE STARTING . WHO IS READY ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-01-2009, 06:53 PM
Part of the Community

Send a message via Yahoo to REDNECK HUNTRESS
Re: This Saturday

I was ready till I found out I have to have surgery on Friday the day before the season.

redneck huntress
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-02-2009, 12:51 AM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

OH MY I HOPE ALL GOES WELL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-02-2009, 10:09 AM
Sage

So do I! Hope you have a quick recovery!

The man who really counts in the world is the doer, not the mere critic. ~Roosevelt
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-04-2009, 01:36 PM
Regular Visitor

I hope all goes well with your shoulder. I had back surgery and it's always even with good results something we wish we could skip. Best recovery to you.

I don't do archery yet! Can't pull the bow back with what's in the house and don't want to spend the money if it turns out I won't be committed. I might ask Jerry Decker he has a archery range by us and see if he'll humor me with a borrowed bow.

I got to watch a spike, a 4 point, a 6 point and an 8 point stroll across our field today. I watched them for more than a hour. It was so great. Wish I saw double the does to match them. We don't see as many does as we used to. I'll think carefully before filling my doe tag this year.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-06-2009, 01:53 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

Sat got to see 3 does . No shooting . Went out last night saw a doe a Button buck and a spike . The button and the spike played infront of my tree stand for about 30 mins. They we're very funny . Going out tonight . Keeping my fingers crossed .
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-06-2009, 03:22 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

Come on ladies lets get some posting going on our forum . I have a hard task to beat this year This is what I got last year d
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-07-2009, 01:22 AM
Regular Visitor

That's a great deer! We have a small piece of land but seem to have 4 bucks about. A spike, a four, a six and an eight. I watched them for about 2 hours, all together at the same time outside my kitchen window. I had an accident with a horse that ripped my shoulder so archery has always been out for me. we'll see if buck fever doesn't over take me if the 8 should stroll by. LOL!!! Best of luck to you again this season!
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-07-2009, 01:19 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

Thanks wetnet . sorry to hear about your accident hope you get better soon . I might have a hard time beating my buck from last year but i am going to try if not that is ok to . i missed a doe last night . it was windy last night . i was surprised that they even came out . Than this morning I almost got a doe with my bus . She cme flying out of a corn field into the drivers side mirror i hit the breaks and she ducked and turn to close for comfort .
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-10-2009, 04:14 PM
Regular Visitor

The injury was a while ago.The horse loaded textbook with a leadline over her back. She was tied to the trailor but she looked like she wasn't. Her daughter loaded her. When we unloaded the mare her Mom was dropping the butt guard , when I said she isn't released. She said "Yes she is" (she saw the leadline over the mares back) and I had 1000 lbs of horse that included my hand on her hind quarters up my arm to my shoulder. She panicked when backing off when she hit the tied support and just came back full force.Broke the tie, her halter and did a number on my shoulder. Couldn't brush my hair for months.

You know maybe archery might be a good sort of physical therapy. I have all winter and a good indoor range with a very talented owner. Maybe it's something I can build up to.

I'm not old but I'm not a young lady anymore. 50 is breathing down my back, but I think that bad bone density and back surgery should be a wake up call to get things done sooner than later. I'm going to look into what's available.

You have yourself a great season.
Consider your enthusiasm my inpriration.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page